We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Update on Coco Palms

Oahu, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
21,497 posts
Save Topic
Update on Coco Palms

Aloha,

Sounds like it might happen soon.

kitv.com/news/…index.html

California
Level Contributor
35,583 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
61. Re: Update on Coco Palms

<<Oh, no! Please, not the 70's! I don't think I can bear to go through that again. :-)>>

Yup the 70's are back... I am going to see Barry Gibb of the BeeGees in concert on Saturday and can't wait to put my disco clothes on. :-)

Lihue, Hawaii
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
62. Re: Update on Coco Palms

70% of the structure is steel and cement and does not need to be taken down, just refurbished. Room buildings will be gutted and larger rooms built. The SeaShell restaurant will be rebuilt and operated by renowned Chef John-Marie Josselin. Hyatt will not be an owner, but the operating company. Things are currently proceeding as planned.

San Carlos...
Level Contributor
1,530 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
63. Re: Update on Coco Palms

I don't get the fascination with all of this. It won't be the same hotel as before, just a fake re-construction. Time to move on. It's a lousy location, the building is beyond gone IMO ( and I sneaked in there a few years ago...). That era is long gone, just like naugahyde, hair spray, cigarettes in restaurants and huge gas guzzling behemoth cars. Get over it.

California
Level Contributor
35,583 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
64. Re: Update on Coco Palms

I guess dada1 won't be booking a room. Oh well!!!

65. Re: Update on Coco Palms

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 May 2015, 07:16