We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report Blog Day 3 &4

Troutdale, Oregon
Level Contributor
347 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report Blog Day 3 &4

The last two days were spent at the beach and driving up to the Hanalei to view the sandcastle contest.

Continuing to have a great time! Today will be a very relaxed day with lounging around, and checking out the shopping villages and the shops in Koloa. Tomorrow is our Kayaking day. Looking forward to this!

…blogspot.com/2013/08/kauai-2013-day-3-4.html

California
Level Contributor
9,563 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report Blog Day 3 &4

Great pictures of the Sand Castle Contest!!

If you plan on going to Poipu Beach again, you can find parking much closer near the Sheraton on Ho'onani Rd.

Milwaukie, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,081 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report Blog Day 3 &4

Such great photos. Isn't the sand art amazing?! We had a sand castle contest here in Portland last month. Alas, it was on a downtown square...not the same ambiance at all!

Like you, I am not a quilter nor seamstress but I love the stitchery store (...even though it is overwhelming). I bought a wonderful tropical shower curtain there several years ago that is still in use.

Omaha
Level Contributor
87 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Report Blog Day 3 &4

Great blog. Already a pro!! Thanks for the great pictures. We've been to Kauai the past 6 years and you have done some stuff we'll have to try.

Lakelady2451
Level Contributor
314 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Report Blog Day 3 &4

Thanks for another great read !!

Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Catalina Island
Level Contributor
14,551 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip Report Blog Day 3 &4

You can definitely park in the Plantation Gardens parking lot during the day. I've always been able to find a place (even with the large SUV I had in June). It's located where 22Kauai mentions above.

Oregon Coast, Oregon
Level Contributor
794 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip Report Blog Day 3 &4

Too funny, we did the same thing with the bypass and turned around also.

Love the quilts! We'll have to check that out next time.

Enjoying your blog!

Patty

Bay Area, California
Level Contributor
195 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip Report Blog Day 3 &4

Your trip sounds much like our recent trip. We actually stayed at Kiahuna Plantation so your pics make me smile. Oh, and we have 2 water polo/swimmers as well. Bet you're having a blast together!! Enjoy!!

California
Level Contributor
36,656 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trip Report Blog Day 3 &4

Another great day of pictures. I had heard about the VW bus sand castle. How cute was that?

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
12,220 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Trip Report Blog Day 3 &4

Thanks for the updates. The sandcastles were cool, but wow, I've never seen Hanalei Bay so busy. Loved the quilts also.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
310 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Trip Report Blog Day 3 &4

Really enjoying your log & photos. The quilts were gorgeous! That shop is now on my list to visit.