We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Torchlighting ceremony at the Hyatt - Times & Days in Sept?

England
Level Contributor
1,891 posts
385 reviews
Save Topic
Torchlighting ceremony at the Hyatt - Times & Days in Sept?

I just want to make sure I have the right dates down on my list of must do's. I've done some searches but nothing from 2013 so wanted to double check - is the torch lighting ceremony at 6.30pm this time of year or earlier/later due to sunset? Is it Tuesdays and weekends?

Thanks in advance!

California
Level Contributor
126 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Torchlighting ceremony at the Hyatt - Times & Days in Sept?

I called the hotel and the reception told me that the torch ceremony starts at 6:00pm on Tuesday and Saturday in Sept. I forgot to check how long the ceremony last.

England
Level Contributor
1,891 posts
385 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Torchlighting ceremony at the Hyatt - Times & Days in Sept?

Cool thanks for the info, I will add it to my itinerary list :-)

Massapequa, New York
Level Contributor
41 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Torchlighting ceremony at the Hyatt - Times & Days in Sept?

Does anyone have more info on this? What exactly is this? We ll be guests at the grand Hyatt in Sept and I'm intrigued by this! Thanks!

Denver
Destination Expert
for Poipu
Level Contributor
3,335 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Torchlighting ceremony at the Hyatt - Times & Days in Sept?

www.grandhyattkauai.com/live-entertainment

Do a search for Hyatt torchlighting and you'll find it mentioned all over the place. DE Koloagirl is the narrator.

The torchlighting ceremony is not very long - 30 minutes? Depending on what hula performances follow it could be an hour.

Edited: 14 August 2013, 05:02
Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,864 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Torchlighting ceremony at the Hyatt - Times & Days in Sept?

Aloha from Kaua'i (except I am on O'ahu right now)

Torch lighting is at 6:30 year round on Tuesday, Friday and Saturday nites year round.

It is approx 15-20 minutes depending on which hula kahiko is being danced.

MalamaPono,

Janet

England
Level Contributor
1,891 posts
385 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Torchlighting ceremony at the Hyatt - Times & Days in Sept?

Thanks for the confirmation Koloagirl.

I did do a search but the search facility isn't the best, so wanted to make sure I had the most up to date info.

Bay Area, California
Level Contributor
195 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Torchlighting ceremony at the Hyatt - Times & Days in Sept?

...and, as koloagirl has suggested elsewhere, be sure to arrive early if you'd like to sit "inside" to really see the show (especially the BEAUTIFUL hula show on certain nights).

We arrive at 5:45 for the 6:30 show on a Saturday evening and seats were all taken/being saved. We sat outside and enjoyed the torch lighting, but couldn't see the hula show. (Loved quickly meeting Janet, though! What a treasure she is!!:)

8. Re: Torchlighting ceremony at the Hyatt - Times & Days in Sept?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2014, 07:18