We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Less than 48 hours....

Oxnard, California
Level Contributor
1,934 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Less than 48 hours....

Well, after finding a killer deal on airfare last December ($460 round trip, LAX to Kauai), I decided it was time for me to make my first visit in 5 years to the garden island! Amazingly, the time has flown by, and now the excitement of this return visit is starting to set in quite nicely. My agenda - leaving Saturday the 17th and returning the 31st. This will be my first time staying two full weeks, and I plan to enjoy and savor as much of the island as possible during this visit (my fifth visit since 1987). Having seen many areas of the island, I'm sure I will still discover new places and have new experiences.

I have no set plans at this time, and will be taking each day as it comes. If I feel like going somewhere specific, I'll do it. If I feel like staying at the condo, I'll do that. I do plan to eat lots of great food, discover a few beaches I have yet to visit, enjoy being in the outdoors, take plenty of long walks on the beach, and above all.....savor the island and appreciate each day as it presents itself. My first 7 nights will be in Poipu (Kuhio Shores....can't wait to fall asleep to the sound of the waves crashing on the rocks below my lanai), and the second 7 nights in Princeville (Hanalei Bay Resort....can't wait to see the views from a good friend's condo!!)

I've read so many posts over the past several months that have given me new ideas on a few things, so I want to thank everyone for their contributions here.

Mahalo,

Jeff

Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Catalina Island
Level Contributor
14,488 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Less than 48 hours....

Have a great time! The views from HBR are amazing! Post pictures.....

California
Level Contributor
36,411 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Less than 48 hours....

Well we want you to try every pizza parlor on the island, taste all the shave ice and let us know what is the best.lol If you say Costco, 22kauai is coming over to Kauai and hitting you.....

Your view is waiting for you. Its been killer.

Safe travels and have a wonderful time!

Oxnard, California
Level Contributor
1,934 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Less than 48 hours....

Hahaha Joan - I DON'T do Costco, so that subject is dead here. I'll definitely enjoy some shave ice. Not sure about pizza.....have never tried Brick Oven, so that's a thought. I lean more toward fresh seafood when I'm in Hawaii though, but I do have two weeks and it's quite possible I may crave some pizza while there.

La Mirada...
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
15,636 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Less than 48 hours....

jam, have a wonderful time! We arrive the 28th for two weeks!

3Chihuahuas

Princeville, Hawaii
Level Contributor
7,034 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Less than 48 hours....

Enjoy your trip and don't forget the report.

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
39,260 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Less than 48 hours....

Have a fabulous time - lucky you!! :)

7. Re: Less than 48 hours....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2014, 05:17