We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving time Princeville to LIH

Fortaleza, CE
Level Contributor
9,183 posts
378 reviews
Save Topic
Driving time Princeville to LIH

How much time would you allow on a Sunday morning to get from a Princeville hotel (Westin) to the Lihue Airport on a Sunday morning, including returning a rental car? If it makes a difference in traffic, I'm looking at flights to Honolulu departing at 8:30 a.m., 9:54 a.m. and 11:14 a.m. No connecting flight from HNL that day.

California
Level Contributor
9,214 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Driving time Princeville to LIH

I'd give myself about an hour and a half.

Princeville, Hawaii
Level Contributor
6,954 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Driving time Princeville to LIH

Are you checking bags and/or needing boarding passes? I would try to be at the airport at least an hour and a half early. TSA lines can be bad. Traffic should not be however.

Yorktown, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Machu Picchu
Level Contributor
6,149 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Driving time Princeville to LIH

Agree with Shantybob -- TSA lines moved very, very slowly at Lihue last Sunday (Aug. 11). Lines were curling back into the airline checkin counter area.

We also had to wait about 10 minutes to check luggage at the Hawaiian counter, too. And of course, when dropping off a rental car, you have to wait for the shuttle, so add another 10-15 minutes. (I always add lots of cushion to my arrival at airport time.)

California
Level Contributor
35,265 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Driving time Princeville to LIH

You will not have traffic until church gets out but still give yourself time to gas up in Kapaa, 20 mins to turn in the rental car and wait for the van plus over an hour for TSA. I just did the drive today and it was 55 minutes (and there was an accident) to Lihue from Princeville.

5. Re: Driving time Princeville to LIH

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2014, 07:18