We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kalulala trail

Tallahassee Florida
Level Contributor
149 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Kalulala trail

We would like to hike overnight Kalulala trail next June.

Where is everybody who does the hike put their belongings?

I understand that the car is not the best place.Lot of car breakage in parking lot.

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
5,827 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kalulala trail

I would think they take their belongings with the., or leave them at a hotel. I have some friends who have done it...two or three nights. as I understand, the only thing they left in the car was extra clothing.

I would not leave valuables in my car there overnight.

Saratoga Springs...
Level Contributor
754 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Kalulala trail

You can contact Kayak Kauai in Hanalei. They have a storage service for both your car and stuff, as well as a shuttle service to and from the trail head. They also rent a lot of camping gear so you don't have to bring it all with you from home. Don't forget to get your camping permits early. They fill up in the popular summer months.

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,961 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kalulala trail

Aloha from Kaua'i!

No offense meant, but a spelling correction here. It is the "Kalalau Trail".

Malama Pono,

4. Re: Kalulala trail

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2014, 06:22