We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kuhio Shores Condos

Carlisle, Iowa
Level Contributor
49 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Kuhio Shores Condos

I had read about some construction at Kuhio Shores Condos in Poipu .Does anyone know anything about this? How far is it from Poipu to the North shore?

California
Level Contributor
35,250 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kuhio Shores Condos

Poipu is 1.5 hours from Princeville so add another 30 to the end of the road.

I have not heard of any construction but I will find out. I did hear someone was remodeling.

Oxnard, California
Level Contributor
1,927 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kuhio Shores Condos

I am here at Kuhio Shores for the next five days and have seen no construction. If someone is remodeling their unit, I have not noticed it.

10 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Kuhio Shores Condos

I am wondering about construction at Kuhio Shores, too. We will be staying there next week. Any updates would be appreciated.

California
Level Contributor
35,250 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kuhio Shores Condos

I just spoke to an owner and he said a few units on the bayside are having some work done inside, but it shouldn't impact anyone. Actually one is close to where jam1961 is staying so if he doesn't hear it, its not bad. Next May they are doing some outside repairs in stack 9 that should last a few days. I would not be concerned at all about any reports at this location. You might have been reading some old threads. I do not recommend anyone reading reviews or threads older than 4-6 months. Have a wonderful time listening to the waves put you to sleep.

Oxnard, California
Level Contributor
1,927 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kuhio Shores Condos

I just checked outside and do not hear or see any kind of construction work. I will report back if I see anything though.

California
Level Contributor
35,250 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kuhio Shores Condos

Construction wouldn't start until 9am. Yes let us know if you are disturbed in any way.

Oxnard, California
Level Contributor
1,927 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kuhio Shores Condos

Unit #107 is having renovations done right now. From my unit (#205) you can hear some drilling and sawing, but it's not overly loud. I'm sure visitors in closer units are having to deal with it while they're in their units though. If you're out and about a major portion of the day, I think it will not be an issue.

Princeville, Hawaii
Level Contributor
6,954 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Kuhio Shores Condos

Once on Maui, we stayed in a condo unit with a lovely view of the ocean but the unit upstairs was getting a new floor. We soon learned to get out early and get back before five to miss most of the noise. There was so much to see, it was easy to be away and miss most of the noise.

9. Re: Kuhio Shores Condos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2014, 06:21