We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Waikomo Stream Villas - questions

British Columbia
Level Contributor
331 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Waikomo Stream Villas - questions

I have been looking at online ads for this ( Waikomo Stream Villas )and it seems perfect. Has anyone been here recently - OR dealt with the Parrish company before. I have a book on Kauaii and it does consider this property a GEM however says there has been a lot of construction in the area - not how recent the book is so if that info is current. We would like something within the Poipu area and within a walking distance to swimmable beach - also dining and shopping nearby.

Does this meet our needs.?

Mentioned in this post
Waikomo Stream Villas
Waikomo Stream Villas
97 Reviews
Kauai, HI
Poipu
Poipu
Kauai, HI
Pagoda Antique Shop
Antique Stores, Flea & Street Markets
Banana Patch Studio
Gift & Speciality Shops
Aunty Liliko'i
Gift & Speciality Shops
California
Level Contributor
9,911 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Waikomo Stream Villas - questions

martik, a DE here, will be able to tell you all about them. Her husband stays there every year and loves it. Yes, it meets all your wishes. You can also do a search here, and you'll gets lots of info.

Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Catalina Island
Level Contributor
15,293 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Waikomo Stream Villas - questions

My husband stays at WSV 3x a year through Parrish and loves this complex. It's very quiet, garden setting centrally located in Poipu. Construction was only an issue when the west end of Koloa Landing was being built but that phase is finished now. The units are also very spacious and well priced. Do you have a specific question?

Mentioned in this post
Koloa Landing Resort at Poipu, Autograph Collection
Koloa Landing Resort at...
2,037 Reviews
Kauai, HI
Poipu
Poipu
Kauai, HI
California
Level Contributor
39,638 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Waikomo Stream Villas - questions

Martik: Is WSV really realistic walking distance to a beach? I guess its as far as Koloa Landing would be or a little further?

Mentioned in this post
2,037 Reviews
Kauai, HI
British Columbia
Level Contributor
331 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Waikomo Stream Villas - questions

Thanks - my main concern would be location and cleanliness. All the reviews i have read

sound good and you answered my other main questions. For the price -(150 or so per night) can

i do better in a different condo development? We have always booked through hotels so this

is a first through a rental agency - I assume Parrish is well known and trust worthy?

Edited: 25 August 2013, 17:21
Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Catalina Island
Level Contributor
15,293 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Waikomo Stream Villas - questions

You can easily walk to the beach in front of the Sheraton from WSV. It's right next to Koloa Landing. Maybe 7-10 minutes? Its also not far from Baby's Beach and a little bit farther down Lawai Road is Lawai Beach. WSV is also right across the street from Kukui'ula Shopping Village. There is s gate on the south west end of the complex that gives you easy access to Hoonani Road. Yes, Parrish is very reputable.

Edited: 25 August 2013, 17:31
Mentioned in this post
2,037 Reviews
Kauai, HI
Lawai Beach Resort
Lawai Beach Resort
478 Reviews
Kauai, HI
Poipu Shopping Village
Poipu Shopping Village
176 Reviews
Kauai, HI
British Columbia
Level Contributor
331 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Waikomo Stream Villas - questions

thank you much!!! I think we better move on cause the affordable ones are booking up, thanks!!

Might do a few days up the northshore too - any ideas up there - this is for feb 2014.

California
Level Contributor
39,638 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Waikomo Stream Villas - questions

Thanks Martik: I was over at Koloa Landing a few weeks ago and did notice that though they are still in building mode, that area near WKV is all built up.

Mentioned in this post
2,037 Reviews
Kauai, HI
palm springs
Level Contributor
1,065 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Waikomo Stream Villas - questions

Koloa Landing is not building right now. I have heard their financial situation is bleak, and will not be starting up another phase for quite some time.

Mentioned in this post
2,037 Reviews
Kauai, HI
Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
18,132 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Waikomo Stream Villas - questions

Parrish is a good operation. You're in good hands with them.

Waikomo Stream Villas is one of the best deals going in Poipu. With the new Kukuiula Village there now and the area as a whole being made much nicer including alongside Poipu Road, the new roundabout area with it's nice plantings and entry to the Poipu Beach area it's a very nice area to stay in now. Nicely spiffed up. Waikomo Stream Villas was always a nice , well-maintained, lushly planted and more low-key complex but now there are things to walk to around it.

I'd put the walk to the beach in front of the Sheraton at about 15+ minutes. Might be a pain if you're carrying a lot of beach gear. You'll walk down Poipu Road to Kapili Road. Kapili Road will dead end at the oceanfront. Turn left towards the Sheraton at that point. From there you can continue down the small service road that runs to the Sheraton entrance or walk on the walkway that winds around the ocean side of the Sheraton. Both will get you to the beach. If you decide to drive it you'll see where the public parking areas are.

Keep in mind each unit is individually owned and will reflect the tastes (and budget) of the owner. Parrish ranks their units by how updated and well-decorated they are.

Construction..... not to worry. The new Koloa Landing project at one time was a problem because they began with the KL buildings that are next door to WSV. Those buildings , landscaping, etc. are all complete now and any work going on is on the opposite side of the large KL complex. I don't think you'll have anything to worry about.

Edited: 25 August 2013, 20:31
Mentioned in this post
Poipu Kapili
Poipu Kapili
389 Reviews
Kauai, HI
2,037 Reviews
Kauai, HI
Waikomo Stream Villas
Waikomo Stream Villas
97 Reviews
Kauai, HI
Poipu Beach Park
Poipu Beach Park
3,872 Reviews
Kauai, HI
Poipu
Poipu
Kauai, HI
California
Level Contributor
39,638 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Waikomo Stream Villas - questions

I thought it would be closer to the 15 minute walk too, Napaguy. I understand that is doable for a lot of people, but personally with all the cr*p some of us carry, this might not be such an easy walk. Even from Koloa Landing I would say its 10+ minutes. I guess I would just caution people if they think they are a short stroll to a nice beach from WSV, they migh be mislead. 15 mins for many people isn't a short stroll. I would probably choose to drive but then I am lazy!

Mentioned in this post
2,037 Reviews
Kauai, HI