We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant near airport for lunch

Sequim, Washington
Level Contributor
80 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant near airport for lunch

Getting down to the nitty gritty of planning our December trip. We land at LIH at 1:15 in the afternoon. Thinking we will have lunch somewhere close, then head to Costco before going to our rental which is in Poipu. I'm thinking something with a view would be nice. I see that there is a cluster of restaurants just south of the airport. JJs Broiler, Dukes, etc. Any suggestions?

Oregon
Level Contributor
2,131 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant near airport for lunch

Dukes in Lihue is a fun place with a great view. It would be a great way to start the vacation! The fish tacos are amazing.

California
Level Contributor
35,806 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant near airport for lunch

Dukes is good. Feral Pig is ok. Kalapaki Beach Hut for a burger is fine. I like Kilohana Plantation's Gaylords. Humura Saimin is another popular first stop. JJ's I would skip!

Nazareth...
Level Contributor
350 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant near airport for lunch

I second Dukes! Nice view, good food and close to the airport.

Lexington, KY
Level Contributor
85 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant near airport for lunch

Kauai Pasta in Lihue

Sequim, Washington
Level Contributor
80 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant near airport for lunch

Thanks everyone. We ate at Dukes a few years ago when we went to Oahu and liked it, but I wasn't sure what the view would be like in Kauai.

California
Level Contributor
35,806 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurant near airport for lunch

The view is very nice. You will be eating downstairs in the bar. You look out to Kalapaki Bay. I like sitting near the koi pond.

Sequim, Washington
Level Contributor
80 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurant near airport for lunch

Tabasco, I see that Kauai Pasta was voted the best Italian on the island for many years. Might have to check that one out. Do they have a view of the water?

California
Level Contributor
9,382 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurant near airport for lunch

If it were me, I'd head straight to Costco and then get to my rental to unpack and relax before heading out for a nice, relaxing dinner. Plantation Garden is always our first dinner in Poipu. By the time you get to Duke's (which would be my choice for lunch), it'll be around 2 or later. Then add in Costco and you won't be in Poipu until 4 or later. Sounds like a long day!

Sequim, Washington
Level Contributor
80 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurant near airport for lunch

22kauai, my thought was to land, have lunch and Costco, then chill out for the evening, maybe even just ordering a pizza for dinner. I am a planner and want to pack lots of things into the trip, but DH wants this to be a relaxing trip with lots of down time. The Plantation Garden does sound great. I'd be happy just sampling the Pupus. Hmm, I guess we could have a snack at Costco, then have dinner later....

pzp
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
Level Contributor
23,364 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Restaurant near airport for lunch

Duke's Barefoot Bar - downstairs of the regular restaurant. Beachfront. Kaua`i Pasta is in a strip mall right on a main road in the middle of the commercial center of Lihu`e.

Edited: 09 September 2013, 01:32