We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coco Palms Drone Video.

Riverside, CA
Level Contributor
663 posts
139 reviews
Save Topic
Coco Palms Drone Video.

For those of you who may be interested here is some HD video of the Coco Palms in its current state.

I can only imagine how awesome it was back in its heyday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWCGsTQ6c78

California
Level Contributor
35,525 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Coco Palms Drone Video.

That is so sad they let it get that way and pray it gets the love it deserves.

Riverside, CA
Level Contributor
663 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Coco Palms Drone Video.

When I was back in Kauai in August they were beginning to work on it. Anyone on the island see any progress?

Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
2,166 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Coco Palms Drone Video.

Jeremy: If you saw posts going in for dust shields, that is the way it currently is. Sheeting between posts not yet added. What I have read is arcitectual plans being worked on. When plans submitted to County and approved then escrow will close. No actual demolition until that time.

Riverside, CA
Level Contributor
663 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Coco Palms Drone Video.

Thank you CTinAZ

Fortaleza, CE
Level Contributor
9,183 posts
378 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Coco Palms Drone Video.

I stayed there in 1964 (with my parents and sister). I remember it as being very nice. Not spectacular, but still scenic. While the hotel is closed, probably forever, you can take tours on the grounds and, if you're lucky, see local wildlife. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJz7Q_cWuCw

Edited: 17 September 2013, 21:42
Soddy Daisy...
Level Contributor
1,804 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Coco Palms Drone Video.

Should have cut the annoying drone noise and spliced in an 85-year old Elvis impersonator crooning "Blue Hawaii". No, maybe the drone buzz was better.

For the diehards contemplating an Elvis at Coco Palms tour, this video is more than you will see on the tour. Save your money.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
936 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Coco Palms Drone Video.

I really wanted to take that tour in November, yes I am an Elvis fan especially Blue Hawaii. The tour is 2 hours long they must show you more than just the hotel.

Anybody else out there who has an opinion on this tour?

Will they still have the tour if they are starting to work around the grounds?

Alberta Travelbug

Cheryl

California
Level Contributor
35,525 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Coco Palms Drone Video.

Jeremy,

Sign up on their Facebook page. Its been interesting watching them film this drone footage and they have a video of Ben Stiller hopping over the fence. I guess celebrity has its privileges.

Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
2,166 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Coco Palms Drone Video.

Cheryl: Doing tour in November should not be a problem. You can call the number at following link when on island to double check

http://cocopalmstours.com/

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
936 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Coco Palms Drone Video.

Thanks CTinAZ , We want to do it after we arrive on Kauai at 9:30 AM as it is close to the airport. I will call them that morning as I think it starts at 2:00 PM.

Mahalo

Cheryl