We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotwire rental cars deals

California
Level Contributor
38,432 posts
122 reviews
Save Topic
Hotwire rental cars deals

I have been surfing the web for the best rental cars deal this fall (Oct/Nov) and Hotwire has $6.95 a day. Check it out if you are coming to Kauai from the beginning of Oct to mid Nov. Those are the dates I was reviewing. $6.95 for both economy and compact. Honest...I saw it....just haven't pulled the trigger yet as I don't have my arrival dates secured.

Kayak Hanalei
Stand-Up Paddleboarding, Kayaking & Canoeing, Equipment Hire, Surfing, Windsurfing & Kitesurfing
Poipu Beach Surf School
Surfing, Windsurfing & Kitesurfing, Stand-Up Paddleboarding
Kauai Surf School
Surfing, Windsurfing & Kitesurfing
Hawaiian Surfing Adventures
Equipment Hire, Surfing, Windsurfing & Kitesurfing, Stand-Up Paddleboarding
Buford, Georgia
Level Contributor
3,699 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotwire rental cars deals

Certainly beats Jan/FEb. rates!

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
67 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotwire rental cars deals

I'm not seeing the same rates. I just priced out our 4 day trip to Kauai

End of Oct and it was 16.95 a day and the total came out to 123 after fees and taxes. We booked on Costco and it was 91. But still shopping around as Costco is cancelable.

California
Level Contributor
38,432 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotwire rental cars deals

I plugged in Oct 29-Nov 8 and got $6.95 a day.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
67 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotwire rental cars deals

maybe you have to rent over a week minimum? But I think Costco is still cheaper by a few bucks after taxes and fees plus you can always cancel if you find cheaper. I don't think you can cancel with Hotwire?

California
Level Contributor
38,432 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotwire rental cars deals

I think it will depend on your dates. I plugged in a few dates (one for beginning of Oct) and it also came up that price. Yes Hotwire is like Priceline and not for everyone. Just another option if people want to save money. Alot of money.

When you book by the day, it is usually more expensive. That is the case for any rental agency.

6. Re: Hotwire rental cars deals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 September 2014, 06:22