We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cheesecake dream

Tempe, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,484 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
cheesecake dream

woke up actually thinking/dreaming about the lilikoi cheese cake we had just last week (and I don't even like sweets!!!) Actually the last slice we shared (I only got a few bites...) was just a few days ago and am seriously thinking about getting one sent back home to us. I realize I am still on a vacation high, even after a few days back at work (an that reality smacked us both in the face the minute we waked in the door), but our anniversary is in late October and I am actually considering getting one sent here. Has anyone ordered one? Do they freeze well? Have I lost my mind and gone over the edge???!!??!! Who doesn't eat sweets and then orders a pie for $60? What has this island done to me???!?!!!!??!

Golden, Canada
Destination Expert
for Regina
Level Contributor
4,044 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cheesecake dream

LOL, yes you've lost it, but at least you have good taste. ;-) I have no idea how well it would survive, but doubt that is the best idea ever. I should hate you now just for posting this 3 days after we got back, mmm pie, lol. :D

La Mirada...
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
15,392 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cheesecake dream

Lilikoi cheesecake - to die for....I even tried to make one a couple of years ago, it was OK, but just not the same. I'm now on the quest for the right ingredients to make a likikoi margarita. No luck at Stater Brothers today.

Back on subject - cheesecake freezes fine, so if it comes Fed Ex in one of those styrofoam boxes, it should be OK.

I'm going to look at their website now....

3Chihuahuas

California
Level Contributor
35,821 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cheesecake dream

Try making one. I'm just wondering if it tastes better because you are on Kauai. If they mail it, it might not be as good and then you won't have "sweet dreams" about the cheesecake any longer.

I'll tell you what! I will take one for the TA team. I'll be back in a month and I will stop by, have a slice (or two) and take a picture for you. You can blow it up and frame it. Ok?

California
Level Contributor
9,385 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cheesecake dream

http://rightslice.com/order/ Yes, you should be able to order one.

Alaska
Level Contributor
10,534 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: cheesecake dream

If I wasn't leaving for Oahu and Maui in three days, I would be ordering that pie right now. That link is tormenting me right now 22kauai..........LOL!!! Deb

California
Level Contributor
9,385 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: cheesecake dream

Well, Deb, I'm not trying to torture you, but.......http://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/coconut-cheesecake-with-passion-fruit-glaze here's another cheesecake recipe I think sounds awfully good. Have fun in Oahu and Maui, and in a little over five months you can have all the Right Slice pies you want. At that time we'll both be in the tropics : ) Hint: I'll be eating lot of Tahitian Vanilla Brule.

7. Re: cheesecake dream

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 September 2014, 06:22