We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Heart of Slack Key Concert September 27, 2013 in Hanalei

pzp
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
Level Contributor
24,057 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
Heart of Slack Key Concert September 27, 2013 in Hanalei

Song and stories with Doug and Sandy McMaster.

kauaifestivals.com/festivals/heart_of_slack_…

Denver
Destination Expert
for Poipu
Level Contributor
3,362 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Heart of Slack Key Concert September 27, 2013 in Hanalei

Thank you for posting this PZP - we will be there!

California
Level Contributor
37,453 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Heart of Slack Key Concert September 27, 2013 in Hanalei

Don't they always have this concert on Fridays and Sundays or is this something different?

California
Level Contributor
9,696 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Heart of Slack Key Concert September 27, 2013 in Hanalei

www.mcmasterslackkey.com/liveshows.html It sounds like it's the concert that's held every Friday and Sunday. We took our 10-year-old grandson; he liked it a lot, but I don't know that I'd take kids much younger than that; it's very low-key!

California
Level Contributor
37,453 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Heart of Slack Key Concert September 27, 2013 in Hanalei

I was just curious if its a different fesitival than the usual one they have. I know there's slack key festival coming soon or just happened. I agree that taking little ones would be very boring. When I went, the 2 and 3 year olds were running around. It was way too low key for them. Babies were nursing and asleep in the mom's arms. Even a few over 65's were snoring away.

Denver
Destination Expert
for Poipu
Level Contributor
3,362 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Heart of Slack Key Concert September 27, 2013 in Hanalei

I wondered if it was different from the regular performances - it has a different title...

My 5-in-December son is currently obsessed with guitars, bands, and music of all types, so I think he'll hold on for at least an hour. We have a collection of small quiet toys specifically for these occasions, too - children learn to be good audience members by experience (and of course we will leave if either kid gets disruptive).

6. Re: Heart of Slack Key Concert September 27, 2013 in Hanalei

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2014, 05:18