We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas and car rentals

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
3,662 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Christmas and car rentals

Just a heads up if you plan on coming to Kauai through the holiday season and haven't yet got a car booked - the 11-day rental I booked last week for visiting family is another $600 higher today! And it will get worse...proviiiiding there are cars even available.

Don't put off booking a vehicle!!

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
23,688 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas and car rentals

mezzsop, how sweet of you to take care of the rental car for us! I thought I was cooking for you and your dear husband of forty years on Maui! But Christmas on Kauai is fine, as that will give me more time to fine tune the menu. The pineapple upside cake is nice enough, but it will be so much nicer using fresh pineapple.

Should I be bringing some candied salmon? And Nanaimo bars, of course!

Edited: 25 September 2013, 05:24
Canada
Level Contributor
9,059 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas and car rentals

There are some crazy high prices showing up for the Christmas holiday season this year.....even punching in some of the top "discount codes..

Luckily , I booked some months ago....as soon as my dates were known.

Good reminder for those that may have overlooked making a booking...or for any first timers out there that don't realize cars will be close to selling out soon.

Princeville, Hawaii
Level Contributor
7,008 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Christmas and car rentals

All I can say is WOW. Thanks for the heads up. Get to it folks.

California
Level Contributor
35,832 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Christmas and car rentals

High prices must be because of all those TOP TENS that Kauai is getting.

Book now or you might be driving a UHaul around town. I heard they don't do well on the road to Polhale State Park.

Eagle River, Alaska
Level Contributor
1,275 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Christmas and car rentals

Those "crazy prices" have been happening at least for the last 3 years, because we've been through it. I booked our car back in February and got an excellent rate with Avis $560 for 2 weeks.

I check back occasionally, not because I am expecting it to go down, but just to see how much it has increased since February. Holey Moley, with the prices now I'd have to take out a second mortgage !!!

A l o h aaaaaaaaa

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
3,662 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Christmas and car rentals

j0an - naniamo bars for sure - I forgot my recipe in Canada!

7. Re: Christmas and car rentals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2014, 05:18