We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Poipu Condo

Leawood, Kansas
Level Contributor
97 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Poipu Condo

Looking for a quiet 2 bedroom condo preferably in Poipu. Close to the beach but not ocean front.. Budget of 250-300 a day. Will be there in June 2014 for 8 days. Any suggestions would be appreciated. If poster's have specific units they would recommend that would be great. Thanks!

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,506 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Poipu Condo

Bulldog,

You have selected a great area, and yep, we have some ideas that might be of help.

Poipu Kai......on a very large expanse of land, we have stayed in three of the different sections over many years of visits. Some of the units have ocean views, and it is a very short walk to brenneckes beach and poipu beach park.

Our favorite was the Manualoha section, with its own pool overlooking the beaches and ocean. Now the pools for the different sections are small, but not overly populated like swimming pools at the hotel style resorts.You have your own personal key.

The Extra Deluxe units are nicely furnished, and large condos with everything that you need. We booked with SUITE PARADISE, on property offices and management. 12 years and not one problem of any kind.

We booked drectly with them. For info you might call 800 367 8020, and check out some of the photos on their website to see if this property is good for you.

The Manu Aloha section has bbq's, lanais, patio furniture, and parking out front. For the Manualoha units nearest the ocean and beach, next to the pool, I think those numbers are like in the 101 -102 etc. range.

What ever section that we stayed in was very quiet, with lots of green belt and was homey and peaceful.

Now, we did not reserve an ocean view, but the Extra Deluxe Garden Views since we would not be hanging out at the condo, but would be at the beach, or off exploring all of kauai island.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another suggestion is KIAHUNA PLANTATION. in Poipu......very nice units, some near the beach and other with ocean views. We have not stayed here, but have visited mainland friends who were staying there,and it is also a great property with easy beach access out front, and also and easy walk , swim, or wade to Poipu Beach......actually it is kind of like one continuous beach from Kiahuna to Poipu Beach. Very nice area.

I believe both of these properties would fit your request , but you can look them up on the web and determine if they might meet your criteria for beach proximity and budget.

Enjoy your visit

California
Level Contributor
37,036 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Poipu Condo

For a 2 bedroom I would look at Poipu Kapili. A 2 bedroom might be more expensive, but they are lovely, large condos with a nice pool and all overlooking the ocean. Also a good location in Poipu.

# 54 always caught my eye as a very nice one.

I also like Whaler's Cove. Maybe in June you can come better rates. They are usually expensive.

Kuhio Shores has some nice two bedrooms.

I like this one:

http://www.kuhio-shores.com/KS407.html

Hope this helps.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Poipu Condo

My wife and I love Whaler's Cove in Poipu, as jebett mentioned; especially the ocean front units. It's a smaller resort, with many tropical flowers/gardens, and very good personal attention from the staff. They usually run specials on their website. May want to check them out.

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
3,774 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Poipu Condo

I would also recommend Poipu Sands in Poipu Kai. Although furtherest back, bldgs 1 & 2 have stellar views of Shipwreck and the grounds. The units are very spacious, the lanais huge and, as I said, terrific views. They can be found through Suite Paradise or Parrish or VRBO - we stayed 3 weeks in one of the Parrish listings and it was amazing. Parking is right at each building, the pool is in front of bldg 2 (but no problem at all for noise). I always check out units when there is a open house of any kind. I like these buildings. Bldg 5 is also excellent, but you do pay for the location.

There are beautiful walks along the cliffs and shoreline there as well as down into the Grand Hyatt grounds. You can walk the greenbelt to Brennecke's or Poipu Beaches. Shipwreck is close, but very rough.

Wonderful spot to call home, as are Kiahuna (2 bedrooms very hard to come by), Kuhio Shores and Poipu Kapili.

Edited: 28 September 2013, 19:34
San Jose
Level Contributor
3,145 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Poipu Condo

We rented at Poipu Kai through Suite Paradise. We were way back by Poipu road which wasn't a horrible thing. With our kids being so young we always drove to the beach anywaays so we could card all of the "crap" we wanted. The unit was a 2 bedroom extra deluxe. We had a small pool 50 steps away and most days nobody used it but us for hours at a stretch. It was awesome BBQing lunch poolside while the kids played in the water.

Leawood, Kansas
Level Contributor
97 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Poipu Condo

Thank you!

7. Re: Poipu Condo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2014, 05:17