We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

VRBO condos

Auburn, California
6 posts
Save Topic
VRBO condos

Anyone here have a condo on Kauai on VRBO? I had one that we stayed at several years in a row but that was YEARS ago and have lost all info. Lihue or poipu

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
24,778 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: VRBO condos

Cindi, even if someone does, they are not allowed to advertise on Trip Advisor. If someone sees this, they will hopefully send you a private message.

Actually, given that YOU are the one asking, maybe they could respond on here.... not sure about that.

California
Level Contributor
9,640 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: VRBO condos

You stayed at the same condo several years in a row, but you don't remember if it was in Lihue or Poipu? The chances that someone on this forum owns the same condo you stayed in years ago is pretty slim. I'd start over. Poipu is on a great beach and has many condos to choose from.

California
Level Contributor
37,034 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: VRBO condos

I sooo don't get this questions. You want to know about a condo on VRBO you rented, that you can't remember even where it was, and we are supposed to know about it? Do you realize how many VRBO listings and owners there are? Hundreds, thousands!!! Very few people who list on VRBO troll Trip Advisor and even if they did, they have hundreds of guests and wouldn't remember you with only a screen name.

Maybe the best thing to do is start over. I doubt it was Lihue since there really are few vacation rentals in that town. Do you remember what the condo was near to? Does The Sheraton or Hyatt Hotel ring a bell?

Maybe if you describe it to us what you want we can pinpoint something similar.

La Mirada...
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
16,015 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: VRBO condos

Don't you have a bookmark or photos or something? Go look on vrbo and see if you can't spot the rental......or just find a new place to stay. And there is a HUGE difference between Lihue and Po‘ipu.....don't you remember where you stayed?

3Chihuahuas

Iowa
Level Contributor
10,867 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: VRBO condos

Cindi, I didn't think you were looking for the same condo you stayed in before, but just looking to connect with someone who has a condo to rent in Poipu or Lihui? Is that right?

If you give some specifics about what size, amenities and $/night budget you have in mind, along with dates, people here can be very helpful. But just asking for anyone who owns a condo to respond might not be so helpful to you. If that is what you meant???

I will usually put in my dates and some filter choices in vrbo, narrow it down to some likely possibilities, then post links to those condos on the forum. People then can use their experience to help find the right one for your needs. Good luck!

Canada
Level Contributor
9,178 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: VRBO condos

Agree, the OP's request is difficult to interpret. Trying to read between the lines......was your last visit greater than 10yrs ago?......perhaps before the vrbo craze....and before most folks climbed on the DIY planning bandwagon.

I happen to know a few folks that aren't detail oriented...and are sloppy record keepers. They excel at other things.

Either way, I agree with the others' suggestion to look up some of the condos in Poipu on vrbo .Depending on the time of yr , you may want to switch it up and stay up on the North shore. Lots of lovely spots to choose.

A nightly budget would be helpful for more specific suggestions.

Auburn, California
6 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: VRBO condos

okay.. I should have been MUCH more SPECIFIC. I won't answer everyones comments but I was just saying.... that I had rented a condo from someone on here years ago. NOT that I wanted that ONE. Just that we had such a great time and I enjoy renting from VRBO condo owners since we had such good luck. I think I said, I don't care if I stay in Lihue OR Poipu. Not that I don't remember where we stayed. We actually stayed in Lihue. But this go around, I don't care where but would like to stick to either of those two areas.

What else..... no, I don't have it bookmarked anymore. I have a new computer, everything was GONE off my old computer as it kind of blew up and everything was lost.

I didn't know that people could not post their condos here :( But they could PM me if they choose to.

It was probably 9 years ago when we were there and I got a great condo from someone here. Others had chimed in and said, "oh yes, we stayed there as well and it was a great condo" and went into specifics. So, it was nice to hear good stories or bad on certain condos. Hope that cleared some things up. I was planning on starting over. I was NOT looking for the same one. But I was hoping to get some owners to say "hey, check this one out." But I see that is not allowed.

Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
16,902 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: VRBO condos

"But I was hoping to get some owners to say "hey, check this one out." But I see that is not allowed."

Not only is it not allowed but it might be the last thing you want. You'll probably get exactly what you want but you could end up being bombarded with solicitations from many people who 'read only' this forum awaiting any opportunity to promote their property. You're better off doing your own research.

California
Level Contributor
37,034 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: VRBO condos

Is it still a full moon????

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
3,774 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: VRBO condos

Cindi, go on vrbo and find some places that look good to you. Then bring them to the forum and we can give you specific feedback....OR give us ideas of what it is you want - size, location (views), amenities that you value, price range - and we can give you some solid suggestions about where to start your search. It's just too wide open right now for us to be of any significant help. And we would like to be! Owners can't chime in about their properties, but we can!

Welcome back!

Edited: 29 September 2013, 05:45