We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

location/accommodation for surfing husband & mom with kids

Yukon, Canada
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Topic
location/accommodation for surfing husband & mom with kids

what area of kauai would be the best in March for:

a husband that wants to take some surfing lessons and a mom with a toddler and baby who wants a nice, safe beach to walk to?

Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Catalina Island
Level Contributor
14,429 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: location/accommodation for surfing husband & mom with kids

Do you have a budget in mind? Rental house, condo, cottage or hotel? In March, I would definitely stay in the Poipu area but what to recommend will depend on your budget. Also, do you want access to a pool or just close to the beach?

Yukon, Canada
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: location/accommodation for surfing husband & mom with kids

hi

well rental house would be nice since we have 2 kids. want to cook for ourselves most of the time.

a pool would be awesome, but being able to walk to a safe beach is a must. husband can take car to surf lesson if need be. budget....well, 200$/night, but for something super convenient/nice be willing to pay more.

Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,429 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: location/accommodation for surfing husband & mom with kids

A pool and rental house is usually big bucks. And there are not a lot of them close to a sandy beach. We really like Nihi Kai condos which is close to Brennecke's Beach and Poipu Beach Park. Also, close to a nice surf shop which also does surf lessons in the area. Nihi Kai also has a nice heated pool with a great ocean front location.

parrishkauai.com/kauai-condos/…

http://www.nukumoisurf.com/Home.html

Other condos in the general area are Poipu Kai, Kiahuna Plantation Condos (NO pool at this time but right on a great beach), and Poipu Kapili

Edited: 02 November 2013, 22:43
Denver
Destination Expert
for Poipu
Level Contributor
3,349 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: location/accommodation for surfing husband & mom with kids

Nihi Kai Villas will put you just a short walk from the keiki lagoon at Poipu beach, which has shallow warm water and a playground on site. Each unit has 2 BR so plenty of room for all of you and a full kitchen... there are 3 bedroom units available, too - we always bring grandparents or other family members along to help with the kids (though I realize that's not a vacation for some folks!).

Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,429 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: location/accommodation for surfing husband & mom with kids

<<Each unit has 2 BR>>

I know this family will probably want a 2 bedroom. There are 3 - 3 bedroom units and a few 1 bedroom units at Nihi Kai as well.

Denver
Destination Expert
for Poipu
Level Contributor
3,349 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: location/accommodation for surfing husband & mom with kids

I mentioned the 3 BR; I didn't realize there were 1 BR at Nihi Kai, but no, the OP wouldn't want a 1 BR.

Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,429 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: location/accommodation for surfing husband & mom with kids

My husband has stayed in 2 of the 1 bedrooms in building 8. Nice views and perfect size for him on his business trips. I only mention this in case someone else is reading this thread with a similar question.

8. Re: location/accommodation for surfing husband & mom with kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 November 2014, 05:18