We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mariott Beach Club or Resort?? Confused

Vancouver, Canada
1 post
Save Topic
Mariott Beach Club or Resort?? Confused

Hi there,

We recently booked the Pool View room at "Kauai Mariott Resort". However I'm seeing that there's another property available called the "Marriott's Kaua'i Beach Club"

We're not sure which would be better to stay at. Our concerns are:

- We have a 1 year old toddler, so a kitchen would be nice. I dont believe we get one in the Resort.

- We would want access to all the grounds the resort has including the huge pool & kids activities. Not sure if the Beach Club includes access to this.

Overall we just want to know what the main differences are between the two. Pricing seems to be around the same.

Would love your help! Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Kauai
Kauai
Hawaii
Marriott's Kaua'i Beach Club
Marriott's Kaua'i Beach...
817 Reviews
Kauai, HI
Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
18,133 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Mariott Beach Club or Resort?? Confused

Marriott Kauai "Beach Club:" is the timeshare division of Marriott for their timeshare owners. The resort hotel rooms is the Kauai Marriott Resort. The resort hotel rooms have the full access to the entire resort. These hotel rooms have a mini-fridge in each room but no kitchen. We used to stay here when my kids were little ones. The mini fridge worked out just fine. We were able to keep their drinks, yogurts, milk, restaurant leftovers. It was enough for us.

The locations of the timeshare units is separate from the hotel rooms. The Haupu building is 100% hotel rooms and mostly likely where you'll end up. It's a very nice building that overlooks the east side of the pool and kiddie pool and poolside bar. For the best views put in a request for a high floor, beach end of the building.

Edited: 21 November 2013, 18:00
Mentioned in this post
Kauai Beach Resort
Kauai Beach Resort
2,504 Reviews
Kauai, HI
Kaua'i Marriott Resort
Kaua'i Marriott Resort
2,945 Reviews
Kauai, HI
Southern California
Level Contributor
14,705 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Mariott Beach Club or Resort?? Confused

What Napaguy said, Beach Club are the timeshare rooms. If they are pricing the same, I'd get the Club unit. Much more spacious, and has a living room,. small dining room area and kitchenette with small fridge, microwave and small dishwasher. They have a Murphy bed in the living area as well.

I owned a timeshare here for many years, just sold it in March, and yes you will have access to the pool, etc.

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,506 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mariott Beach Club or Resort?? Confused

You shoud be confused......we go by the location and name of the marriots here on Kauai...there are three of them and they all are beach clubs or vacatiion resorts or what ever. The vacationers do not even know what town that their accomodations are in.

I will use our termonology......lets us know where freinds will be staying, and honestly they really do not know.

The Lihue Marriot at Kalapaki Beach..........lets the people know the town and location

The Marriot WAIOHAI in Poipu.......we just call it the Waiohai...and it is at poipu beach

The Marriot Suites in Kapa'a.....east side in north Kapa'a

Then you can also get into the time share, and the resort sections. Usually in talking with people before they come over all they know is that they are staying AT THE MARRIOT resort and beach club. Even when ask them which one, they do not know. Eventually, through investigation, I will get a call back with which Marriot they are staying.

This is also a continuous problem on the forums. So, do not think that the OP is the only one who has a problem with this situation. Simple situation, the call for you to meet them at the Marriot. You had best find out which one before driving over to pick them up.

Napa also did a great job of explaining the beach club time shares, and the resort for the hotel sections.

Mentioned in this post
Kauai
Kauai
Hawaii
Lihue
Lihue
Kauai, HI
Kalapaki Beach
Kalapaki Beach
763 Reviews
Kauai, HI
Poipu
Poipu
Kauai, HI
Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,506 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mariott Beach Club or Resort?? Confused

When staying at the Marriot in Lihe, at Kalapaki bay, you will be able to use the main pool, the jacuzzi, and if you have kids the keiki pool. Also you have access to the loungers and most everything at the Lihue Marrot. Some time share folks may get some extra perks, not sure , but I do see guests come up to the tiki bar with a free maitai coupon. That may be for hotel guests as well.

Great property, very, very friendly, lots of aloha, and ocean activities, with swimming, boogie boarding, surfing and stand up paddle board lessons and board rentals, kayaking, out rigger canoe surfing, hobie cat rides, equipment and beach gear rentals, and loads of other ammenties within walking distance.

The Waiohai, is much newer, smaller pool, but also on the beach in Poipu, and quite nice. I saw the rooms a few years back when I went on a time share tour for us activity sales people....wow !! Impressive. They have a very freindly outside tiki bar and grille, and snorkeling is just steps away at Poipu Beach Park.

Do not know much about the Marriot Suits in Kapa'a, so others can help out on that if they wish.

For additional information for the OP'S personal requirements, they might search each different marriot on the web and learn if they have the ammenties that they are interested in, and maybe call the accomodations and talk to them in person.

Mentioned in this post
Kalapaki Beach
Kalapaki Beach
763 Reviews
Kauai, HI
Lihue
Lihue
Kauai, HI
Poipu
Poipu
Kauai, HI
Poipu Beach Park
Poipu Beach Park
3,916 Reviews
Kauai, HI
California
Level Contributor
39,721 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mariott Beach Club or Resort?? Confused

Aren't the timeshare rooms still in renovation mode? I know they have been doing some construction down there as per a recent thread.

FYI Denny...The Marriott in Kapaa are not called Marriott Suites. It is a Courtyard By Marriott. Very different.

I think the only "perk" the timeshare owners get is free parking. Parking is $18/day for hotel guests last time I checked.

It sounds like the OP has reserved a hotel room. There are plenty of places to eat close by. The hotel itself has some more pricey options. I would walk across the street for breakfast etc. The pool is over the top nice and the bay next door fun for little ones but can get busy on cruise ship days. Take the toddler to Lydgate Park to the terrific playground there and visit the beaches of Poipu. Have fun.

Mentioned in this post
Kapaa
Kapaa
Kauai, HI
Poipu
Poipu
Kauai, HI
Johnson City...
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mariott Beach Club or Resort?? Confused

I'm planning on staying at the Beach Club @ Kalapaki bay in August 2014. Has anyone stayed there that could tell me if there are laundry facilities in room or on the grounds at the Resort?

Also does "Kalapakidooley" have any 'must experience' suggestions for my time there?

Thanks so much

Mentioned in this post
Kalapaki Beach
Kalapaki Beach
763 Reviews
Kauai, HI
Southern California
Level Contributor
14,705 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Mariott Beach Club or Resort?? Confused

Yes, there are coin laundry facilities in the Kapili Tower on floors 4, 7 &9.

Mentioned in this post
Poipu Kapili
Poipu Kapili
390 Reviews
Kauai, HI
Johnson City...
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mariott Beach Club or Resort?? Confused

Thanks for the info!

9. Re: Mariott Beach Club or Resort?? Confused

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 January 2015, 05:16