We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Hyatt Kauai Best Rates

La Grange, Texas
Level Contributor
68 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Grand Hyatt Kauai Best Rates

Any tips on how to get the best rates at the Grand Hyatt Kauai? We will be there the first week in May 2014

Golden, Canada
Destination Expert
for Regina
Level Contributor
4,268 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Hyatt Kauai Best Rates

Watch for sales they are known to have deals including things like 48 hr sales... however the longer terms "special" rates can sometimes be lower... You can sign up for the Hyatt Passport if you don't have it already.

Loveland, Colorado
Level Contributor
105 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Hyatt Kauai Best Rates

When you sign up for a Hyatt Platium credit card, you receive two free nights after spending $3000. Don't know if that works for you or not, but that's one option.

California
Level Contributor
36,716 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand Hyatt Kauai Best Rates

Doreen: You have to spend $3000 for the card to be active??? Is that new? That wasn't the way it was when I signed up for the cards a few years ago. I think it was $75 or something smaller.

AAA has some ok rates, but this hotel is very popular on an island with not a lot of hotels. You might see something special come up because the beginning of May is a slower time on the island but you might have a convention there that prevents prices from going lower. CAnative is the queen of Hyatt so private message her if she doesn't respond on this thread.

La Grange, Texas
Level Contributor
68 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grand Hyatt Kauai Best Rates

Thanks for all of the help. If I apply for the Hyatt card and spend $3000, can I use the free nights at any Hyatt (Grand Hyatt Kauai)?

2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Grand Hyatt Kauai Best Rates

I used Expedia and selected the "undisclosed" 4.5 star hotel in Poipu and received 4 nights for $277/nt. in early March.

California
Level Contributor
36,716 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Grand Hyatt Kauai Best Rates

You can use the nights at any Hyatt including Kauai.

Loveland, Colorado
Level Contributor
105 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Grand Hyatt Kauai Best Rates

When you sign up for a Hyatt Platium credit card, you receive two free nights after spending $3000. Don't know if that works for you or not, but that's one option.

My bad, you must spend $1000 in 3 months.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
445 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Grand Hyatt Kauai Best Rates

If you decide the get the Chase Hyatt CC please note that you will still need to pay the $75.00 annual fee which isn't waived. And you'll want to do the minimum spend of $1,000 asap since you won't receive the 2 free nights until you've met that spending requirement. In addition to the 2 free nights you will be a Hyatt gold member and then you are also eligible for elite rates on their site. These rates only show up when you log into your account.

Another thing to note - if you are going to Hawaii with your significant other you can both apply for the Hyatt cc and each receive 2 free nights so you could have 4 nights at the Kauaii Hyatt for only the $75 annual fee each.

California
Level Contributor
36,716 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Grand Hyatt Kauai Best Rates

Also remember that getting too many credit cards makes your credit score go down.

Denver
Destination Expert
for Poipu
Level Contributor
3,360 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Grand Hyatt Kauai Best Rates

Well, Jebett, that last point is not entirely true - in the year I've been playing the travel hacking game (signing up for travel-related credit cards to earn points/miles at hotels and airlines), my credit score has gone UP significantly - BUT I don't carry a balance on any of the cards, which is the more important point. You're not going to save any money on travel if you end up paying interest on your credit card charges.

Also, the first year $75 fee is now waived on the card - https:/…hyatt-card.aspx

The best part about having this card (besides the free hotel nights) was the Platinum status, which doesn't actually get you much (free Wi-Fi and late checkout) but I loved how the front desk person kept saying, "Because of your Platinum status, Mrs Flamingo" and "Due to your Platinum status, Mrs. Flamingo". It just gave me a giggle.