We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Would like to stay at Hanalei Bay Resort

Denver
Level Contributor
5 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Would like to stay at Hanalei Bay Resort

Hi everyone,

I've been reading through the TA Kauai forums this last week as we've decided to break away from our traditional Maui vacation local. WOO for new adventure get out of my comfort zone right!? It's so hard when you don't think it can be any better ;) I digress. My research has lead me to the North shore and specifically Hanalei Bay Resort which looks to be a good/great option.

I've looked at units on plenty of sites but I'm officially in information/research overload phase. I see many of you have onsite knowledge of units so I'd like to put this out there to you for feedback and assistance. We are a family of three, myself, my husband and our 7 year old son. Dates are May 24 - June 1 2014 +/- one day. Budget is $150-$200 p/n bay view and remolded unit desired. Also prefer a 1 bed with kitchen vs. studio unit.

Also, does anyone have any construction updates with regards to the restaurant or lounge? Curious if there is a chance for it to be open during our visit. Not a deal breaker just curious!

Thank you!

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,506 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Would like to stay at Hanalei Bay Resort

Jbett is our super knowledgeable and well up on anything to do with the wonderful Hanalei Bay Resort. I believe she is also on the owners board and has all the latest scoops. You might PM her, and get all the latest updates and other information that you seek.

That being said, you have picked one of our most absolute favorite properties on all of Kauai Island. I often expound with written words as to the magical beauty , views, and aloha of HBR, but they do not come up to the actual feeling that we experience while doing stay cations up there.

E Komo Mai, Welcome to Kauai

Denny

Edited: 15 January 2014, 14:52
California
Level Contributor
37,601 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Would like to stay at Hanalei Bay Resort

Sure, I can help.

As far as the construction and updates, the latest is the new lobby area and lower offices, bathrooms and fitness center is due to open in May and the restaurant probably not for another month unless a miracle happens. There is a 60-40 percent chance it would be open the end of May.

The end of May is pretty popular and your price range finding a full one bedroom might be tough unless its an older, not remodeled unit.

Here are some units that are open and around your price range.

www.summitpacificinc.com/3305-3306.html

www.summitpacificinc.com/3105-3106.html

I like this one. It would be convenient with your little guy. Its close to the parking lot and the pool. Its more than your budget though. If you could increase that budget a bit you can get a lot more and a nicer condo.

This would be another unit that could work if you could up the budget. Its great because you have a nice grassy area right out the back of the lanai. She has a rollaway bed for the little one. Its near the small pool and bbq area.

At $150/nt you are looking at a hotel room. This owner has a hotel room open with a sofa sleeper, but no kitchen.

http://www.summitpacificinc.com/7101.html

3. Re: Would like to stay at Hanalei Bay Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 15 January 2014, 19:35
Indy
Level Contributor
1,379 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Would like to stay at Hanalei Bay Resort

jebett...do we have a shot having a restaurant jun 11? thanks.

California
Level Contributor
37,601 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Would like to stay at Hanalei Bay Resort

TnT:

That is certainly hopeful.

6. Re: Would like to stay at Hanalei Bay Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 January 2015, 05:18