We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hale Wailele (Waterfall House) - anyone stay here?

Michigan
Level Contributor
37 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Hale Wailele (Waterfall House) - anyone stay here?

This house is vrbo #65505. The place looks wonderful! Anyone stay here? When I search Waterfall House I get something different, the same when I search Hale Wailele. It is located on the Kilauea River on the north shore. Two couples traveling to Kaui for the first time next October - so very excited! Love this forum, very helpful! Thanks in advance for your help.

California
Level Contributor
37,031 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hale Wailele (Waterfall House) - anyone stay here?

Give us a link. Its easier.

Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Catalina Island
Level Contributor
14,650 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hale Wailele (Waterfall House) - anyone stay here?

I looked it up but I really don't know that area very well. http://www.vrbo.com/65505

La Mirada...
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
16,014 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hale Wailele (Waterfall House) - anyone stay here?

I have friends who live close-by, I'll ask what they know about it and post back. I'm pretty sure the waterfall is the Kilauea Slippery Slide which is on private property on the opposite side of Kilauea Stream.

3Chihuahuas

Michigan
Level Contributor
37 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Hale Wailele (Waterfall House) - anyone stay here?

Thank you! Just want to make sure it's legit. The place looks perfect.

Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
2,207 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hale Wailele (Waterfall House) - anyone stay here?

The VRBO ad says "...Our Kauai Waterfall Home is a legal non-conforming transient vacation rental and is registered with the County of Kauai. Permit Number: TRNC-1138.....".

I thought the non-conforming vacation rentals in Kauai started with TVNC not TRNC that the VRBO ad shows.

I could not readily find any other ad that started TRNC but I could be wrong.

Thinking it might be a typo in VRBO listing I looked up what property has license TVNC-1138 and that VRBO property is not it.

La Mirada...
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
16,014 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hale Wailele (Waterfall House) - anyone stay here?

CT...I looked it up by name, Kauai Waterfall House on the log - it's TVNC-1183 so it is a legal rental...the vrbo listing has 2 typos.

www.kauaigovonline.org/COKForms/tvr_log.aspx

Still waiting on hearing from friends

3Chihuahuas

Edited: 18 January 2014, 04:15
Michigan
Level Contributor
37 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Hale Wailele (Waterfall House) - anyone stay here?

Thank you all for your help! I am nervous because I looked up the permit number and it did not match on the TVR Log website, but the web site said it was currently under maintenance. The vbro web page does have 46 high ratings though, which makes me feel better. 3Chihuahuas, thank you for taking time to check with your friends, it's much appreciated!

Michigan
Level Contributor
37 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Hale Wailele (Waterfall House) - anyone stay here?

OK, I'm finding my way around the TRV website better. I think you are right, it really could be typos because the vrbo website says it is permit number TRNC-1138 and the TVR Log says TVNC-1183. Feeling better. You people are pretty darn nice helping all of us out!! 3Chihuahuas, I would be interested in hearing what your friends say about the place, but I am feeling more relaxed about it.

La Mirada...
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
16,014 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hale Wailele (Waterfall House) - anyone stay here?

I haven't heard back from them, but I will let you know when I do. Personally, I think the place looks awesome and yes, the reviews are pretty good. We stay near-by...I love Kilauea. There's not much in the way of "town", a few restaurants, the bakery, shops, Shell gas station with a Subway. You can get local goodies at the station - kulolo, bread pudding, some hot food. It's a 5 minute drive to Kalihiwai and 7 minutes to Anini. There's two good farmers markets too - Thursdays 4:30 gym parking lot and the Namahana Market by the mini-golf - Sat 9am-1pm & Mon 4pm.

3Chihuahuas

Michigan
Level Contributor
37 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Hale Wailele (Waterfall House) - anyone stay here?

Thanks for the extra info.....good to know! I've written that down with my other notes. :)