We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luau Pricing

Reno, Nevada
Level Contributor
30 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Luau Pricing

Hi folks,

I've just been informed I must go to a luau. while in Kauai

What kind of pricing can i expect (adults)$

Do they all include Cocktails?

California
Level Contributor
9,299 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Luau Pricing

My favorite luau is on the North Shore at Mediterranean Gourmet. $69 for adults www.kauaimedgourmet.com/entertainment.html

You can also check out Luau Kalamaku at Kilohana and Smith's Tropical Paradise.

new york
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Luau Pricing

smiths luau has 2 options , show only $15 and the full luau experience not sure of the price . I believe it includes mail tais

California
Level Contributor
35,525 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Luau Pricing

You MUST? Why?

They are fun and I would say Smith's is very good and if you buy the tickets online, its cheaper. It is not unlimited cocktails. You get a watered down mai tai.

Where are you staying? That would influence which one to go to. The one at Kilohana Plantation is more Vegasy. The one at Med' Gourmet is small and family oriented and Smiths is big and old school. There are others at resorts but those are probably the most popular. I love the grounds at Smiths.

Salem, Oregon
Level Contributor
305 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Luau Pricing

Smiths offered unlimited Mai tai's last July and they were pretty good.

Fredericton, Canada
Level Contributor
202 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Luau Pricing

We went to Smith's luau when we went to Kauai and we loved it! I would go again in a second. We had read that it was a little hokie etc., but we didn't find that at all. We even saw a woman who was from Hawaii (one of the other islands) and it was her ninth luau and she said it was the best she's been to.

Also, I'm pretty sure our drinks were unlimited.

Reno, Nevada
Level Contributor
30 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Luau Pricing

We're staying in Princeville. We are Truly expect a Hokie experience that's OK

(lived in Vegas 14 years and seen the hokiest of hokie)

Just don't want to drop a lot of $$ on it unless the food is good

that being said, the In-laws would probably expect one like ya see on TV.

I just want some POI and drinks.

Fredericton, Canada
Level Contributor
202 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Luau Pricing

I think we paid $70 or $80 a ticket for Smith's. It was definitely not the best food we've ever had at all, but the experience was great and I think I would actually gladly pay and do it again. If you're going mostly for the food though, skip it. I enjoyed the tour of the grounds, the imu ceremony and the show was amazing I thought.

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
37,930 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Luau Pricing

I have been to Smith's 3 times and have enjoyed it all. Go early and enjoy the grounds . . . book online, which will save you $$. :)

Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Catalina Island
Level Contributor
14,329 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Luau Pricing

If you are staying in Princeville, I would definitely go the luau at The Mediterranean Gourmet in Haena. The food is excellent and they make killer mai tai's. Make sure you have a DD. The show is small and intimate and very enjoyable. Their luaus are only on Tuesday so make a reservations and get there early for the best seating.

pzp
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
Level Contributor
23,217 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Luau Pricing

If you're going mostly for the food you want the lu`au at Mediterranean Gourmet. Good, family-style show, too. More like a backyard party (although in a nice restaurant) than a commercial lu`au.