We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

McDonalds hot pies

new york
Level Contributor
1,242 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
McDonalds hot pies

Can anyone tell me what the seasonal pie is at MCdees ? I will be there in 20 days . I'm hoping for banana or haupia.

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,880 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: McDonalds hot pies

Aloha from Kaua'i!

They change all the time - I don't care for them personally but when I went to the one in Ele'ele about a week ago it was coconut I think.

I am actually on my way back home from Kekaha right now - so I will drive thru and get a soda in Ele'ele and let you know.

No clue as to what might be there in 20 days - a friend of mine works the Ele'ele one so I could ask her, maybe she knows.

Malama Pono,

Janet

pzp
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
Level Contributor
23,705 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: McDonalds hot pies

Right now, taro. It's good.

new york
Level Contributor
1,242 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: McDonalds hot pies

Thanks Janet I would appreciate that . Do you think they are different in each location ?

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
1,132 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: McDonalds hot pies

RIght now it''s taro - or at least it was last week. The have signs up so I don't think they change daily or anything like that.

Went to the one at Eleele.

And, yes, it was good!

Barb

Edited: 19 January 2014, 22:04
pzp
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
Level Contributor
23,705 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: McDonalds hot pies

At most, they change weekly. May be monthly.

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,880 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: McDonalds hot pies

Aloha from Kaua'i!

Had to hit McDonald's last night for dinner on my way home from hula (late night!!).....they had the taro pies at the one in Lihu'e, so I'm assuming that is the "pie du jour" so to speak! LOL

Malama Pono,

Janet

new york
Level Contributor
1,242 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: McDonalds hot pies

Thanks Janet . I will keep my fingers crossed for haupia or banana . I'm leaving in 15 days .

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
1,132 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: McDonalds hot pies

Granted it took a glass of wine to make it seem as amusing as it did but I found myself chuckling last night that after 18 years and 35 trips to Kauai, we now are going to make McDonald's one of our "must do" stops!

But darn, those taro pies were good and now "suki" has me hankering for haupia and banana!

BARB

new york
Level Contributor
1,242 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: McDonalds hot pies

I'm heading back in less than 30 days . What pies are currently out ? I'm praying for banana or haupia

SoCal
Level Contributor
5,653 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: McDonalds hot pies

The funny thing is I got obsessed with the fried spam on the breakfast platter. It is now on my must visit list!