We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which is the best helicopter tour?

La Grange, Texas
Level Contributor
103 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Which is the best helicopter tour?

Trying to decide which helicopter tour to take. We will be staying at the Grand Hyatt. Anybody have suggestions?

Kauai By Stephanie
River Rafting & Tubing, Boat Tours, Scuba & Snorkeling, Helicopter Tours, Zipline & Aerial Adventure Parks
Mauna Loa Helicopter Tours
Helicopter Tours, Private Tours
Level Contributor
38,710 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which is the best helicopter tour?

Its more a matter of what type of experience you want. Doors off, doors on, go to the falls etc. Jack Harter is reputable as is Blue Hawaiian and Safari. Island is the one that goes to the falls. Read the reviews on each. They all do the same route, basically.

Level Contributor
6,890 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which is the best helicopter tour?

Although it's changing owners, Blue Hawaiian has always been known as the best and safest helicopter tour company in Hawaii although even they've had a couple of fatal accidents themselves. Don't go with the cheapest one you can find.

Level Contributor
759 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Which is the best helicopter tour?

We really liked the Mauna Loa doors-off helicopter tour, because we didn't have to worry about getting the dreaded middle seat.

St. Johns, Florida
Level Contributor
16 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which is the best helicopter tour?

After much research we chose Blue Hawaiian. You won't be disappointed! Before the tour we grabbed a bite at The Feral Pig, it's in the shopping center where you meet for the tour. If you are up for an interesting drink, try the beermosa. Sounds weird but it was great!

Waukesha, Wisconsin
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Which is the best helicopter tour?

Safari Helicopter is the best! We've flown with them 3 times!

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
80 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which is the best helicopter tour?

We also did Mauna Loa doors off. We loved everything about it. A little expensive, but worth it to have it all to yourself.

Level Contributor
62 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which is the best helicopter tour?

I took a doors off Jack Harter heli and can say it was one of the most amazing experiences of my life.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Which is the best helicopter tour?

My wife and I were blown away by our “Doors Off” tour with Jack Harter. Neither one of us had ever been on a helicopter, so we were a little apprehensive. But the scenery is so amazing, that you are immediately at ease, even with no doors. We loved it so much, that we were considering doing it again on the same trip! This was our favorite Kauai activity, without a doubt. Here’s a link to a video I did of that tour. Perhaps the visual will help to make up your mind.

Be sure to watch in HD!

Oshkosh, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,070 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Which is the best helicopter tour?

That made up my mind!

10. Re: Which is the best helicopter tour?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 February 2015, 05:19