We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mosquitoes!!!!????

Princeville, Hawaii
Level Contributor
319 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Mosquitoes!!!!????

What's up with the mosquitoes on the north shore? Maybe they're elsewhere but they've been bad up here, specifically Princeville. Is it because the trade winds have died? My husband normally doesn't get bothered and he's loaded with bites. Any info would be appreciated.

Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
17,176 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Mosquitoes!!!!????

The ground is soggier due to the rains, the water table is high, the foliage is more dense and lush, and it's warm. That's all it takes.

Edited: 03 February 2014, 18:15
Princeville, Hawaii
Level Contributor
319 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mosquitoes!!!!????

I've never gotten a bite on my previous trips here to the island. But this time?? Yowza.

3. Re: Mosquitoes!!!!????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 February 2015, 07:19