We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day two trip report

Peterborough
Level Contributor
304 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Day two trip report

I need to thank TA's again for recommending that we push through late night car rental and stay in Kapaa instead of near the airport. Wailua/kappa is a lovely region. We already miss the lanai right on the ocean, however, we love Poipu Beach. Boring day checking out and picking up groceries but we did not get very wet. Walmart and Costco were out of rash guard shirts so we headed to KMart. They are found in the sporting goods dept. We moved in and did our walk about to find the barbecues. We wandered down to Poipu Beach and two whales were performing. We even saw a full breach! OMG I never saw that the entire time the last time I was here. DH cooked a delicious steak from Costco. I bought corn on the cob and garlic bread at Foodland in Kapaa. It is a really nice store. Thanks again to forum, I knew to give my phone number to qualify for the discounts.

We are settled in and will check the suggested weather websites in the am as a fellow tourist suggested a storm is predicted.

Buford, Georgia
Level Contributor
3,594 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day two trip report

The storm will be me having to leave!

2. Re: Day two trip report

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 February 2015, 05:20