We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wow, is it ever raining! Brown water warnings.

La Mirada...
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
15,300 posts
134 reviews
Save Topic
Wow, is it ever raining! Brown water warnings.

From the newspaper:

thegardenisland.com/news/local/soaked-on-kau…

I also saw on Facebook that Hanalei school is closed, probably not a good day for going to any North Shore beaches....you can get stuck up there or on the other side if the bridge(s) get closed.

3Chihuahuas

California
Level Contributor
9,299 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wow, is it ever raining! Brown water warnings.

Yikes! I wish we'd get some of that rain! It's over 80 here today. Did it say Hanalei school is closed because of the rain? Our schools have today and Monday off for Presidents' Day.

California
Level Contributor
35,525 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wow, is it ever raining! Brown water warnings.

Hanalei School is closed because they don't want to get stuck just in case, but the bridges have not closed down.

La Mirada...
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
15,300 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wow, is it ever raining! Brown water warnings.

Sorry, I forgot to post this from 4 hours ago:

>>>Messge from Bill Arakaki of the D.O.E. : Hanalei School is closed due to weather conditions and possibility of continued rain showers. There will be no bus service for students residing in Hanalei, Wainiha, and Haena who attend Kapaa Middle and High Schools. The safety of our students is of the utmost importance during these weather conditions. Only Hanalei School is closed. Thank you for your patience and understanding. Mahalo!<<<

California
Level Contributor
9,299 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wow, is it ever raining! Brown water warnings.

Good for Bill Arakaki! I hear some folks aren't too happy with the mayor of New York for not closing the schools during the latest storm.

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,864 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wow, is it ever raining! Brown water warnings.

Aloha from Kaua'i!

We went to O'ahu for the day yesterday (Dr.'s appt.), and left pre dawn.....it was sunny and clear over there and really lovely!

Came home around 8pm and we were in a plane full of disgruntled vistors who were voicing their disappointment as we flew back to Kaua'i in a storm and landed in torrential rain.....not happy campers!

Today is grey and cool, but no rain. A good day to stay put and read a good book, visit one of our museums, or just relax someplace.....it is winter here and rain happens.....obviously we need the rain, but it always unfortunately jams up some visitor's vacations here.

Malama Pono,

Janet

Hana, Hawaii
Level Contributor
7,796 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Wow, is it ever raining! Brown water warnings.

Thanks Janet for the "Jim Cantore" onsite weather reporting. :) Don't all those tourists know that all that rain, makes Kaua'i, the lovely green "Garden Isle"? (big smile)

7. Re: Wow, is it ever raining! Brown water warnings.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 14 February 2014, 23:05
8. Re: Wow, is it ever raining! Brown water warnings.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 February 2015, 06:19