We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flooding

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
1,784 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Flooding

Still Flooding on Kauai??

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,874 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flooding

Aloha from Kaua'i!

It has been raining non stop since yesterday here on the South Shore and elsewhere on island.

There is some flooding and ponding, but I haven't heard of any major closures.

I am watching the local news right now and we are supposed to get non stop rain for the rest of the week - if that happens there is going to be big time flooding. They say it doesn't look like any relief until next week.

If you believe the local weather forecast that is!

Poor visitors!

Malama Pono,

Jamet

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
1,784 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flooding

Thanks Janet. We have 2 more months to go//just concerned for residents there. Stay safe....

Princeville, Hawaii
Level Contributor
319 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flooding

We've just had heavy wind here in Princeville since around noon. There's been a sprinkle every now and then but no measurable rain since the morning. I just hope the roots of some of the trees around here are nice and strong!

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
1,784 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flooding

Good to know!! My news was flooding all over the island.. Enjoy and stay safe.

California
Level Contributor
36,384 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flooding

There are two other threads with more information on this topic.

I think what you are hearing, Cindy, is the island was under a flash flood warning and then a flash flood watch. It happens when heavy rains hit the island in a short period of time.

Princeville, Hawaii
Level Contributor
7,032 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flooding

Actually got a walk in this morning with NO sprinkles. The winds have died down. Went down to Lihue last night to play at the Feral Pig and there was lots of brown water evident all along the beaches.

Edited: 17 February 2014, 18:54
Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Catalina Island
Level Contributor
14,489 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Flooding

So anyone know how long this is supposed to last? My husband and several business associates are headed to the island on the 20th for 2 weeks. They'll be working most of the time but I know my husband looks forward to his weekends on Kauai.

California
Level Contributor
36,384 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Flooding

Looks like lousy weather at least until Wednesday and then a bit better after that, but as you know, Martik, it can change in an instant. It certainly isn't going to be super warm. Looks like mid 70's for Poipu. The weekend forecast looks more promising with partyly cloudy skies and mostly sun. We certainly won't feel sorry for Geoff enjoying working on Kauai for 2 weeks. :-)

Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Catalina Island
Level Contributor
14,489 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Flooding

He actually might enjoy the rain since we have had NONE in So Cal this winter.

California
Level Contributor
36,384 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Flooding

Then he will probably be even happier.