We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Running near Princeville- Hanalei

Centreville...
Level Contributor
5 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Running near Princeville- Hanalei

We are leaving for Kauai on March 4, and will be staying in a private home on Hanalei Plantation Road. I like to run in the early mornings. Can someone help me with temperatures and good running routes? I normally go 4-5 miles per day ...40-50 minutes...Thanks!!!

California
Level Contributor
35,545 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Running near Princeville- Hanalei

From the fountain at the entrance to Princeville to The St Regis hotel, its a little over 2 miles so theres 4 miles right there. From your street you can either go the back way along the Makai course via Lei O Papa Rd or run up to the shopping center via the highway (but be careful). The golf path through Princeville is frequented by runners, dog walkers, slow walkers, etc. I love, love, love Hanalei Plantation Rd. Lucky you.

www.mapquest.com/maps…

Centreville...
Level Contributor
5 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Running near Princeville- Hanalei

thank you so much-- i think we're about a mile in on Hanalei Plantation Road- is it a hilly run? Just curious...

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,864 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Running near Princeville- Hanalei

Aloha from Kaua'i!

The walking/jogging path in Princeville is flat.

There really isn't any other safe area to run in the area, so I'd stick with that personally.

If you want to run Weke Rd. in Hanalei town by the ocean, you can do that as well, but you'll have to do a couple laps or so to get your mileage in.....it is also flat.

Malama Pono,

Janet

Princeville, Hawaii
Level Contributor
6,974 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Running near Princeville- Hanalei

If you run from Hanalei Plantation Road via Lei O' Papa there is quite a dip and steep hill going both ways.

Centreville...
Level Contributor
5 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Running near Princeville- Hanalei

thank you for the information!! can't wait to get there!

California
Level Contributor
35,545 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Running near Princeville- Hanalei

A mile in on Hanalei P Rd? Is the street even a mile long, Shantybob? If its a mile down you are at the very end. Lots of construction and poor road quality that far down. They are building a few multi million dollar homes. Yes there is indeed a steep hill if you take the back way in front of Makai Cottages. Say hi to the famous surfer Laird Hamilton while you are jogging. He lives mid way on on Hanalei Plantation Rd. You can't miss him....He's the hunk with tons of muscles on his ATV.

Centreville...
Level Contributor
5 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Running near Princeville- Hanalei

i am going by the directions sent to us by the owner of the home we are renting...said to go about a mile in on Hanalei Plantation Road- this is our first trip to Kauai...

8. Re: Running near Princeville- Hanalei

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 February 2015, 06:16