We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airfare update for San Diego to LIH in July

Winchester...
Level Contributor
148 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Airfare update for San Diego to LIH in July

Oh my gosh! I just have to share the great deal on airfare I just got. I was about to purchase the Alaska flight from san diego to Lihue for $780 when I thought I would check Kayak one more time. Well I am so glad I did because I found a United flight from san Diego stopping at lax then to Lihue (the same for the return trip) in July for $528 per person!! I couldn't believe it so of course I bought them right away. So excited, hopefully this will help someone else too :) Everything is booked and paid for, such a relief!

Mentioned in this post
Lihue
Lihue
Kauai, HI
Kayak Hanalei
Kayak Hanalei
321 Reviews
Kauai, HI
Nani Kai Adventures
Stand-Up Paddleboarding, Kayaking & Canoeing
Princeville Ranch
Kayaking & Canoeing, 4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Zipline & Aerial Adventure Parks
Hawaii Adventure Center
Dolphin & Whale Watching, Kayaking & Canoeing, 4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours, Air Tours
Island Adventures
Kayaking & Canoeing, Zipline & Aerial Adventure Parks, Sightseeing Tours, Canyoning & Rappelling Tours
Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Catalina Island
Level Contributor
15,256 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airfare update for San Diego to LIH in July

What days of the week are you flying to/from Lihue?

California
Level Contributor
39,502 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airfare update for San Diego to LIH in July

That is very good. My daughters ticket from San in July was $770.

Winchester...
Level Contributor
148 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airfare update for San Diego to LIH in July

We are flying on Wednesday the 9th and coming back on Wednesday the 23rd

Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Catalina Island
Level Contributor
15,256 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airfare update for San Diego to LIH in July

Yep, mid-week is cheaper. We are too far from San Diego and the same flight from LAX - LIH is really expensive! I can't reserve airfare yet until my husband finds out about a new project on the island.

Edited: 05 March 2014, 21:35
Santa Monica, CA
Destination Expert
for Santa Monica
Level Contributor
20,326 posts
262 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airfare update for San Diego to LIH in July

That is great news! I booked my 2 island flight for summer. I felt that $700 for LAX-HNL-LIH-LAX (American Airlines flying on Tuesdays) were within my budget and kayak.com had an 80% opinion that they would go up. It is the one part of vacation planning that I just don't like - trying to game airfares.

Level Contributor
413 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airfare update for San Diego to LIH in July

Great news. I'm coming from Chicago and have been checking for months. It's been soooo. much harder finding great rates . I got San Jose-Lihue -Maui - San Jose for $620 and I said enough!!! Booked it. I'm ok with that too.

Mentioned in this post
Lihue
Lihue
Kauai, HI
Maui
Maui
Hawaii
Winchester...
Level Contributor
148 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Airfare update for San Diego to LIH in July

Same here, I don't like guessing if this is the best price I can get only to wait and have it go higher and buy it and go lower. I am happy with the price I got, no looking back. Now it's time to shop for new bathing suits!

My only concern now is that the connecting time is like 40 minutes which is cutting it pretty close, but we aren't checking any bags so hopefully we will be ok. The other option is just to drive to LAX and skip the San Diego flight just so we can get there earlier? My husband has taken the flight from San Diego to LA several times before and hasn't had any problems so I guess we can just wait until the morning of and see if the plane is running on time.

on the road to...
Level Contributor
640 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Airfare update for San Diego to LIH in July

Hi - do NOT skip the San Diego to LA leg and drive instead. If you don't show up for the first leg of the trip, the computer will automatically cancel the rest of the itinerary.

Winchester...
Level Contributor
148 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Airfare update for San Diego to LIH in July

Oh my gosh, I didn't think of that. Thank you!!

Coto de Caza...
Level Contributor
204 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Airfare update for San Diego to LIH in July

$528.00 is an awesome deal. Do not skip the San Diego -LAX, it will cancel your whole reservation. I just booked our flights for July 31st and the cheapest I found was $1100.00 RT.. LAX-LIH. You were very lucky!