We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
220 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Duke's / Keoki's Bar Area

Do you need dinner reservations for a table in the bar section of Duke's or Keoki's??

Thank you! :)

California
Level Contributor
6,537 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Duke's / Keoki's Bar Area

No reservations needed for the bar, I don't think they even take them for that area, just the regular seating.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
220 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Duke's / Keoki's Bar Area

Okay great, thank you! :)

Golden, Canada
Destination Expert
for Regina
Level Contributor
4,650 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Duke's / Keoki's Bar Area

No reservations for the Barefoot Bar, but do allow for a fifteen or so minute wait.

California
Level Contributor
37,601 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Duke's / Keoki's Bar Area

I've waited longer than 15 minutes when the cruise ship is in town. At least you can walk around the beach while waiting.

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
20,693 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Duke's / Keoki's Bar Area

We go to Keoki's our first night, and usually go over at 5:30 or 6 PM early seating. When we leave after 7 PM the place has lines out the door, so the earlier you arrive, the sooner you will get a seat.

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,506 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Duke's / Keoki's Bar Area

Dukes.......yep, it can vary as Jbett has mentioned.....especially wihen the cruise ships are in town.

But, we go early and with just the two of us, like to sit up at the bar and talk story with other folks who are up there as well.

Taco tuesdays we get there about 3:30 pm, and sometimes when we leave, the visitors are lined up, sitting and standing and milling about waitng to get in.

We do not stand around and wait to eat dinner any place on the island. If a place is slammed, we have a load of back ups that we can switch to.

I really believe that our success at not having to wait , is to get to where ever we are going EARLY.

Edited: 16 March 2014, 00:00
Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
17,154 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Duke's / Keoki's Bar Area

Good choice. I enjoy eating in the bar area of Keoki's more than the regular seating area. A more fun and varied menu. Not the same old seafood, beef or chicken with the obligatory garlic mashed potatoes or rice. The fish tacos in the bar area are the best I've ever had anywhere in Hawaii.

8. Re: Duke's / Keoki's Bar Area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 March 2015, 04:50