We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any restaurants/bakeries nearby Marriott Resort Kauai?

K M
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
175 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Any restaurants/bakeries nearby Marriott Resort Kauai?

Hi All,

We are staying at the Marriott resort in Lihue. I am not sure how much breakfast is in the hotel does anyone know? Is there anywhere near by that offers cheap and nice breakfast that we could go to if Marriott is too expensive?

Thanks.

pzp
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
Level Contributor
23,512 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any restaurants/bakeries nearby Marriott Resort Kauai?

Kalapaki Beach Hut does good, basic breakfast for a reasonable amount. It's a short walk. Kind of a rustic place, but the food is good. A tad farther is Bamboo Grill in the Anchor Cove mall. Just across the street in Harbor Mall are Feral Pig and Splash.

K M
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
175 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any restaurants/bakeries nearby Marriott Resort Kauai?

Do they do lunch and dinner as well or would you recommend elsewhere?

Do you think Marriott would be fairly pricey for food?

THANKS!

Edited: 16 March 2014, 08:11
pzp
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
Level Contributor
23,512 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any restaurants/bakeries nearby Marriott Resort Kauai?

They all do lunch and dinner, and you also have the option of Kalapaki Joe's in Harbor Mall, Duke's/Duke's Barefoot Bar at the Marriott, which is pretty reasonable. Are you not renting a car?

Southern California
Level Contributor
12,814 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Any restaurants/bakeries nearby Marriott Resort Kauai?

As pzp mentioned, Duke's is onsite and their Barefoot Bar opens for lunch and dinner. the upstairs restaurant is only open for dinner, has a great salad bar. Both the fish and the beef (prime rib or steaks) are good. There is also next door to Duke's Portofino which is Italian. The hotel restaurant is Kukui's which is overpriced. The Aupaka Terrace has light breakfast (fruit, bagels, toast, banana bread, etc. and juice, coffee, etc.). pzp's reco for Kalapaki Beach Hut is a good one.

Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
16,609 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Any restaurants/bakeries nearby Marriott Resort Kauai?

The last time I stayed at the Marriott (about 3 yrs. ago) and had the breakfast buffet there it was wonderful. Not cheap but very filling including omelets made to order, bacon, sausages, lots to pick from. It was much more than just the continental style breakfast.

antioch
Level Contributor
1,815 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Any restaurants/bakeries nearby Marriott Resort Kauai?

We also got the breakfast buffet at the Marriott, it was pretty good, if it were comped i would of liked it a lot more! there's something about a 60.00 breakfast for two on a Tuesday morning that gives ya a odd feeling?

pzp
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
Level Contributor
23,512 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Any restaurants/bakeries nearby Marriott Resort Kauai?

Portofino's food is good, but it is not cheap. And I find the setting rather dismal.

Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
16,609 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Any restaurants/bakeries nearby Marriott Resort Kauai?

Donboy, $60? Have they raised the prices that much for the buffet? At last count for me it was $17 per person, excluding tax and tip of course.

antioch
Level Contributor
1,815 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Any restaurants/bakeries nearby Marriott Resort Kauai?

I thought it was 21.95 pp so with tax and 10% tip(it is a buffet..) it was closer to 55.00. we only stayed at the Marriott one night so we wanted to make the most of our stay there and not waste time driving to restaurants. so one breakfast buffet and a lunch and dinner at Duke's. car keys stayed in the room the whole time there. I liked that!

Southern California
Level Contributor
12,814 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Any restaurants/bakeries nearby Marriott Resort Kauai?

$21.95 is a pretty good price. Wonder if they still do the Sunday brunch - it was expensive so we never did it plus not a big breakfast eater, but it sure looked good walking past there.