We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any room tips at the G Hyatt

Seattle Washington
Level Contributor
812 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Any room tips at the G Hyatt

We have to move to the G Hyatt for 3 nights on Thursday for a metting. Wondering if anyone can suggest a room location that we can request that doesn't seem like walking a mile to get anywhere.

We have gotten so spoiled with our lovely condo at The Kiahuna and walking right our door to the beach. Know The GH is a totally different experience but hoping to be just as happy for our few nights there.

Thanks in advance

Texas
Level Contributor
852 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any room tips at the G Hyatt

We love the Hyatt!

We like the Poipu wing--not near the pools. We think it's quieter--but some people like to be near the pools.

We like higher floors because the views are better, in our opinion.

So much of it just depends on what you like!

This could be a busy time of year--and while they have always worked with us on finding a room we are pleased with, when they are full, there's only so much they can do.

Please let us know how you like it!

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,887 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any room tips at the G Hyatt

Aloha from Kaua'i!

I work at the torchlighting ceremony at the Grand Hyatt.

Last night there were more people at Seaview Terrace than I have seen since possibly around Christmas! All of a sudden people sitting on the stairs, standing and milling around since all the chairs were taken.

Spring break is here!

I wouldn't think your chances would be good at trying to get a specific wing or room, but you can certainly ask at check in (or better yet...call them at 742-1234 since the rooms are already blocked for your arrival I would imagine).....you never know.

But it is very, very busy all over the island right now.

Malama Pono,

Janet

Denver
Destination Expert
for Poipu
Level Contributor
3,360 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any room tips at the G Hyatt

Oh, what I would do to "have to move to the Grand Hyatt"!

We had a ground floor room at the very end of the Shipwreck wing last September, and it was perfect for us - we could just head out the lanai door and be at the lagoon in two minutes flat (and the beach 20 second after that). Yes, we were MILES from anywhere else in the hotel, but it worked for us. As jettybetty said, it depends on what YOU want.

Seattle Washington
Level Contributor
812 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any room tips at the G Hyatt

Thanks for the input! We've just got back from the GH and were told we had fabulous ocean view rooms so guess I will just see where we end up. Janet we've been here for 10 days so know its very busy on island. The line was well out the door at Starbucks this AM.

We did stay at the GH for one night when our kids were young and only remember lots of long hallways. Eventhough we are not big hotel people when vacationing outside of cities I am now looking at it as a very interesting transition between a condo on the beach in Poipu and our move to Hanalei Bay after the Hyatt. I am sure I will enjoy it. Thanks for the helpful posts🌴🌅

California
Level Contributor
37,031 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Any room tips at the G Hyatt

Are you renting the same house on Hanalei Bay, you rented last time?

Seattle Washington
Level Contributor
812 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Any room tips at the G Hyatt

No we planned this trip too late to get that cottage. We are renting another that we have rented before and really like.

7. Re: Any room tips at the G Hyatt

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 March 2015, 05:16