We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are there hotels near the Kukui Grove shopping center?

Fort Worth, Texas
12 posts
Save Topic
Are there hotels near the Kukui Grove shopping center?

My husband will be helping with the tech support part of the new Pier 1 Imports store opening there. He is being given a hard time for booking a room at a resort hotel, but from what I can tell, they are pretty much all resorts or condos. He keeps reminding them that it is Kauai, not Minneapolis. :-)

Canada
Level Contributor
9,175 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Are there hotels near the Kukui Grove shopping center?

Of course the accommodation choices are going to vary greatly from those on the Mainland. Is there a nightly budget range for his lodgings?

I assume he will have a vehicle.

What is the approximate length of his stay?

Fort Worth, Texas
12 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Are there hotels near the Kukui Grove shopping center?

They haven't given him a nightly budget. They expect it to cost more than the mainland, I think the stickler is the "resort" in the name of the hotel we chose. I am traveling with him. We will be there 9 nights. His company is paying for 7 and we are paying for two. Yes, we will be renting a car.

Canada
Level Contributor
9,175 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Are there hotels near the Kukui Grove shopping center?

I would suggest he request a nightly accommodation $$$$ cap.

If you find a property that falls within the parameters.($$$).....what's in a name? Surely the company will rubber stamp the choice if on budget.....or provide an allowance for you to supplement an upgraded stay if you both should choose.

For a 9night stay I would look to a condo stay for the additional space, ability to prep some snacks and breakfast etc...plus they are located in desirable areas for the most part.

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,422 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Are there hotels near the Kukui Grove shopping center?

Help us out with a nightly budget and when you're visiting. Lots of great options

Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
16,898 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Are there hotels near the Kukui Grove shopping center?

Hotels near the Kukui Grove....

First and bet - the Kauai Marriott Resort . Sits right on a good swimming beach, mega pool, restaurants onsite and more in a short walk down the boardwalk.

Garden Island Inn - Across Rice Street from the Marriott. Small, privately owned budget type place. No pool. Also a quick shot up Nawiliwili road to Kukui Grove

The Kauai Inn - Like a step back in time. Small, two-story courtyard style hotel originally built 50's or so? Pool, rural setting, about a 1.5 mile drive over to beach and restaurants by the Marriott.

My opinion - the Marriott . The company is being cheap with that attitude. You can get some decent pricing at the Marriott. It's not a glitzy resort as the name would imply. I'd be surprised if a large corporation like Pier 1 would only pop for the likes of the Garden Island Inn or the Kauai Inn. Check online for good prices and try some pricing with Priceline. There just isn't that much near Kukui Grove. There are a couple of other small dumps in downtown Lihue but I wouldn't even consider them.

Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
16,898 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Are there hotels near the Kukui Grove shopping center?

Forgot this part about the Marriott...... it's a quick drive straight up Nawiliwili Road to the location of the new Pier 1 which abuts Nawiliwili Road. I'd say 3 miles at the most. This resort couldn't be more convenient.

California
Level Contributor
36,994 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Are there hotels near the Kukui Grove shopping center?

Kauai Beach Resort is only about 10 minutes away. It is a nice "Resort" without being over the top expensive (about $150/nt but you could probably get a deal because of the circumstances) like a Hyatt or Marriott. I would rather stay there than Garden Island.

Fort Worth, Texas
12 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Are there hotels near the Kukui Grove shopping center?

Thanks everyone for your input! It is much appreciated. It really is just an issue with someone is hubby's department giving him grief. The head of corporate travel gets it. :-)

Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
16,898 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Are there hotels near the Kukui Grove shopping center?

Sounds like someone just has got hit by the jealous stick.

On the Kauai Beach Resort........ it's okay but no swimmable beach. Also, if hubby will be gone at meetings and you'll be on your own there's really not much to walk to around there , if anything. Marriott has lots more options for a solo traveller

Edited: 01 April 2014, 17:28
10. Re: Are there hotels near the Kukui Grove shopping center?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 April 2015, 07:15