We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St Regis: Want to look around.

Level Contributor
52 posts
1 review
Save Topic
St Regis: Want to look around.

I am not staying at the St. Regis, but I would like to take a look around. I tried doing this last year while on the island, however could not find a legitimate place to park. Does anybody have advice on where to park near the resort. I would also like to eat at the St. Regis restaurant and take in the view - any advice is appreciated.

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,052 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: St Regis: Want to look around.

Make a reservation for dinner, drive up to the entrance and hand the valet your car keys, go enjoy the resort, the view and the meal. Give the valet a couple of bucks when they retrieve the car. Enjoy

Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Catalina Island
Level Contributor
14,328 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: St Regis: Want to look around.

That's what we did last summer. We just used the valet.

Hana, Hawaii
Level Contributor
7,796 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: St Regis: Want to look around.

YEA, what "martik" said. You can afford valet can't you. You know; you're not staying at St. Regis....but YOU can look around. :)

California
Level Contributor
35,561 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: St Regis: Want to look around.

You don't have to make dinner reservations. Just tell them you are going for a coffee, a cocktail or looking at the jewelry store. I tip them $5 and they are fine.

Banff, Canada
Destination Expert
for Regina
Level Contributor
3,971 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: St Regis: Want to look around.

Yep if you are planning to dine there (and even if you aren't) you can use the valet parking tip a few dollars at pickup and you're good to go. Note this applies to all resorts that have valet parking.

Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,328 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: St Regis: Want to look around.

We did not even tell the valet why we were there and he did not ask. We ended up just having a glass of wine at the bar and walked around to check it out. We had not been there since the St. Regis took over the hotel so I was curious about the changes (which are significant, IMO).

California
Level Contributor
35,561 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: St Regis: Want to look around.

That is strange, Martik, because I go often and every time they ask me "are you dining with us"? I sometimes say yes (if I am) or I say I am going for a drink or meeting up with a friend. They just want to know how long you are going to be gone.

Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,328 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: St Regis: Want to look around.

It was a very busy night. There were a ton of people coming and going. I think on a more quiet evening, they may have taken the time to ask.

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
19,453 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: St Regis: Want to look around.

When we drove up to the Valet at St. Regis, they asked us if we were going to check in, or go inside for cocktails. (too early for dinner) We told them check in, so one went back to the trunk to get our bags, and the other wrote out a valet ticket for us. Told us to phone ahead when we wanted our car to go out during our stay, and they would have it ready for us.

Seattle Washington
Level Contributor
810 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: St Regis: Want to look around.

Hummm we have used the valet at the SR for parking while going to Hideaways beach when thr small lot is full. They have always been very engaging and have just said "have a great time'. We just tip them on our return. I certainly would think if you want to look around the hotel the easiest parking is with the valet.