We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach chair and boogie boards rentals for the week????

Level Contributor
90 posts
Save Topic
Beach chair and boogie boards rentals for the week????

Hi, we are coming to Kauai for 9 days this summer and want to rent beach chairs and boogie boards, are there any shops that rent them? we always to do it on Maui but we are new to Kauai.

Thanks

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
40,640 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach chair and boogie boards rentals for the week????

Where are you staying? I have found that many condos I stay in have beach gear like chairs, boogie boards, etc. You might check first . . .

California
Level Contributor
9,696 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach chair and boogie boards rentals for the week????

If you're staying on the South Shore, check out http://nukumoisurf.com/Home.html

Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Catalina Island
Level Contributor
14,789 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach chair and boogie boards rentals for the week????

We usually wait to see what's in the condo we rented. Many of the condos will supply these items. If not, it will depend on where you are staying. There are a number of places all over the island that rent these items. Where are you staying?

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,506 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach chair and boogie boards rentals for the week????

Yep,

I does help to know where you are staying...

South East Shore: at the Lihue Marriot: Kalapaki Beach Boys

South East Shore: at Anchor Cove: New beach gear ,golf and camera shop nawiliwili park side of Anchor Cove

South Shore: Nukumoia Surf Shop across from Poipu Beach Park. If you are going to book some activity, or even just one activity, and you book it with BRENNECKES BEACH CENTER, you will get a discount card for 50% off all beach rentals, 15% of meals at Brenneckes upstairs restaruant, and I think 15 % off any beach wear at Nukumoi as well. Otherwise , you can rent darned near any kind of beach gear at the normal rate.

North Shore: You can try peddle and paddle the chin young shopping village makai side in Hanalei.

Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
17,098 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Beach chair and boogie boards rentals for the week????

Nukumoi's has been mentioned but there's also Kimo's Beach Stuff in Poipu. Right on Poipu Road just down a little but on the same side of the road as Keoki's Restaurant. Here's their Yelp page..

www.yelp.com/biz/kimos-beach-stuff-koloa

It;'s a small frame building set back a bit from the road. Not watching, you could miss it.

Edited: 22 April 2014, 02:01
California
Level Contributor
37,474 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beach chair and boogie boards rentals for the week????

From older posts it looks like they are interested in Koloa Landing or WBR. I noticed driving through Kapaa last month, that the resell shop across from Olympic Cafe had TONS of boogies boards and chairs. You could probably buy some for much less than renting for the week and resell to them when you leave. Maybe pzp or CTinAZ knows the name or address of that place.

It is my understanding that if you rent from Koloa Landing directly, they do not have beach equipment in the units. Maybe if you rent a privately owned condo, they would.

Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
2,219 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Beach chair and boogie boards rentals for the week????

I am assuming that the thrift shop that jebett mentions is Whatever New and Used Thrift Shop. It is about a couple blocks "south" of Olympic Cafe and opposite Pono Kai Resort. Whatever is not on main highway but you can see it from Kuhio Hwy opposite side than Pono Kai Resort.

In area behind the Thrift shop is a shop called Dis and Dat and sells clothing. I have never been in Dis and Dat.

Following link shows Whatever store location and phone number.

superpages.com/bp/Kapaa-HI/Watever-New-Used-…

Edited: 23 April 2014, 07:49
California
Level Contributor
37,474 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Beach chair and boogie boards rentals for the week????

Yes that's the one CT. Thanks. I just used Olympic Cafe as a reference point.

Level Contributor
90 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Beach chair and boogie boards rentals for the week????

Hi All, Thanks for the info. We are staying on Princeville side but I thought we could stop by Poipu or Lihue and pick it up and have it for the whole trip then drop it back off on way back to airport. Thoughts?

California
Level Contributor
9,696 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Beach chair and boogie boards rentals for the week????

Poipu would be out of your way. I'd just rent something in Hanalei.