We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brian & Teri, Kaua'i& Maui Trip Report, North Shore Kaua'i

Iowa
Level Contributor
10,243 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Brian & Teri, Kaua'i& Maui Trip Report, North Shore Kaua'i

http://terijoy.wordpress.com

The next installment of my trip blog is up. At the rate I'm going it will take me until my next trip. And it's long. I'm doing it for me, but happy to share with TA friends who are interested. And I want to thank you all for your help in making our trips great. Kaua'i TA people are fantastic.

This day is North Shore Kaua'i.

California
Level Contributor
36,437 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Brian & Teri, Kaua'i& Maui Trip Report, North Shore Kaua'i

Fun to read. I feel honored to have made your blog and sorry you had a bad experience at Dolphin. I've had that same service. You really hit a beautiful day on the North Shore. Would you stay there next time you come to Kauai? You seemd to be in love with Anini. Me too!

Iowa
Level Contributor
10,243 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Brian & Teri, Kaua'i& Maui Trip Report, North Shore Kaua'i

Thanks Jebett! Yes, we would stay North Shore next time. In fact, Brian was the one that wanted south this trip, but he has said next time he definitely wants to stay north. He really liked Hanalei. And, yes, I loved Anini, not surprising that you do too. It's beautiful.

Woodinville...
Level Contributor
74 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Brian & Teri, Kaua'i& Maui Trip Report, North Shore Kaua'i

Great blog. We will be in Kauai in 26 days for our wedding on Hanalei beach. Thanks for sharing your memories.

Iowa
Level Contributor
10,243 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Brian & Teri, Kaua'i& Maui Trip Report, North Shore Kaua'i

Thanks Twbagby. How exciting! I bet you are just giddy with anticipation. What a wonderful place to begin your marriage. Very best wishes to you and your partner!

Teri

Alaska
Level Contributor
10,685 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Brian & Teri, Kaua'i& Maui Trip Report, North Shore Kaua'i

Teri......that was just such a wonderful blog entry from the information offered to the memories preserved and I loved the photos! The poke photo on the towel to your guys walking down the pier and the sand in your hand, the cashier with your purchases and gorgeous sunset plus I honestly cannot get enough of that palm at the overlook with the roosters running wild......they were such fun to see see what the next photo was going to be. I think especially because you set me up to think you barely took any photos at all, and so it is extra fun to be seeing Kaua'i through your eyes both in the words and bonus.......photos!

Our first visit was two nights, all focused on the north shore. I understand the frustration of wanting more time than you have and needing to figure out priorities along the way in real time. I think you did a great job of covering ground, but in a relaxing way. Next time you will enjoy stretching out on the beach and staying in one spot, because you will have more time. You are just like us because you always go on faith that there will be a next time and lay the groundwork for the next visit!

I know that it might seem hard to give up the oceanfront views, but we found that the trade off to be in Hanalei, in a cottage, and at a price we could easily afford, that we didn't mind the two minute walk to the beach. Of course, a condo in Princeville, with smashing views, at a great price, and very close to Hanalei is also awesome! Thanks for the fantastic blog once again! Deb

Colorado
Level Contributor
1,694 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Brian & Teri, Kaua'i& Maui Trip Report, North Shore Kaua'i

Great report Teri! We usually stay next door to the Makai At the Point. Brenneckes is our favorite beach where we like to body board with the Honu...but you are right , terrible snorkeling. My son has the same shirt as Conor...lol (808 store?)

Sounds like you had a great day on the North shore...we had the same problem at Kee ...no parking so off to Lumahai to watch waves....one of these days we will stay on the North Shore...every time we go the scenery simply takes my breath away . Looking forward to more reports!

Napa, California
Level Contributor
1,640 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Brian & Teri, Kaua'i& Maui Trip Report, North Shore Kaua'i

Thanks for another great trip report Teri. The pictures were awesome as well! Love seeing and learning about your family from the midwest....I was your neighbor state in Nebr many moons ago, so I laughed about the white skin in March, but ya know what? I'm in Calif now since 1983 and I still have white skin, even when I go to Hawaii in October.....guess the skin cancer scares of my beach friends got me to stay bright white, instead of red! LOL

Thanks again for a fun read!

Cindy

Texas
Level Contributor
846 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Brian & Teri, Kaua'i& Maui Trip Report, North Shore Kaua'i

Can I join the I love Anini beach club? It's just wonderful. Love all the details in your blog! Can't wait for more!

Hana, Hawaii
Level Contributor
7,877 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Brian & Teri, Kaua'i& Maui Trip Report, North Shore Kaua'i

Uh.....I just responded Teri on your Maui post. I'm a little slow; I guess I don't know which Island I am on? LOL

Iowa
Level Contributor
10,243 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Brian & Teri, Kaua'i& Maui Trip Report, North Shore Kaua'i

I'm so happy that you all enjoyed my post. Thanks!

Hey, I just added something that I found that fits really well with the post. It's a song from an album that Brian just got. The artist is Taj Mahal, and the song is "The New Hula Blues". I love it! It's on YouTube, but just a still photo, no vido, so you can play it and listen whlie you do something else, like look at my blog again, LOL!

https://www.youtube.com/watch…

Deb, you are my blogging hero and inspiration, so thank you ever so much! I love your photos of the everyday things as much at the spectacular. I tried to do a few of those. Yep, the attitude that each island is different, and now we can trade off those oceanfront digs for a cool Hanalei cottage, has made it's way into our brains. Brian loved your hanalei cottage too!

Colorado, thanks! Have you been to Kaua'i quite a bit? I'm curious, what time of year? Because I still think we were in the right place for March, but North Shore would be perfect in summer. Conor picked up the shirt on the way out to Port Allen. Can't remember the name of the shop. I can imagine your athletic family hiking the entire Kalala'u Trail sometime!

Cindy, thanks! Even a California girl like you still has a little Midwesterner in her! Even if I didn't know you were from Nebraska, I could tell by your fun, friendly posts here on TA! I'm looking forward to your next trip reports. In October again?

Jettybetty, you just might be the founder of the I love Anini Beach Club! And you will be there again so soon! Are you getting chills, just imagining it? I am!

Oh Caddy, I love your Youtube gift for me on the Maui forum! Thank you! I'm posting on both because the trip was to both islands. You are welcome on either or both islands! In fact, I'm trying to talk the girls into inviting you along on the girls' trip were are planning! Some of them just don't want to invite anyone who looks better in a bikini than they do! Can you imagine?

;-)

Edited: 24 April 2014, 00:17