We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Another Adventure to Consider

California
Level Contributor
9,459 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Another Adventure to Consider

Folks here have often asked about fishing from shore, where to fish, where to rent poles, etc. Just Inshore is a new company I recently heard about that sounds like it might appeal to those who like the idea of fishing but don't want to spend the money to go out on a boat. It also might be a fun thing to do with kids. Check it out.

http://justinshorefishing.wix.com/hanapaa

Edited: 26 April 2014, 21:43
Santa Monica, CA
Destination Expert
for Santa Monica
Level Contributor
16,644 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Another Adventure to Consider

It sounds like a great way to enjoy an afternoon. Thanks for sharing.

Reedsburg, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
265 posts
354 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Another Adventure to Consider

Not that I wouldn't want to go out on a boat but this sounds really good. I may try this in October. Thanks for the post.

Edited: 27 April 2014, 17:10
Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
1,108 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Another Adventure to Consider

22kauai...

Thanks for the post! I've already emailed them an inquiry!

Will keep you posted on our experience - won't be until July.

BARB

Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
16,629 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Another Adventure to Consider

This shoreline fishing tour is a great idea and it makes a helluva lot of sense. Not everyone wants to put out a couple hundred for a chartered fishing boat. Hats off to the entrepreneur who thought of this. I have quite a few family members who would do this.

Thanks for posting it, 22.

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
1,108 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Another Adventure to Consider

They've been great in their response to my email inquiry even telling me which dates during July will be the best fishing (tidal conditions).

However, it does appear that it will be $250 for the two of us so the "couple hundreds" appears to still apply, napa!

Will keep you posted.

BARB

Huntington Beach...
Level Contributor
831 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Another Adventure to Consider

I had rented from another company a few years back, it was $75 (now $85) for the week, includes tackle. They gave us great tips where to go and what bait was working for specific spots. They also have a guided shoreline tour at $90pp.

http://www.kauaiesa.com/7422/index.html

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
1,108 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Another Adventure to Consider

We need a babysitter! Neither of us have ever fished before! And the thought of putting bait on a line gives me the "willy's" and even taking a squirming fish off the line is more than I can handle!

We're talking less than novice status here!

BARB

Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
16,629 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Another Adventure to Consider

Barb, still a lot cheaper than chartering a fishing boat. I checked into a number of those last year and was quoted prices of $250+ and if the boat wasn't at a capacity of at least 6 it would be even more

9. Re: Another Adventure to Consider

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 April 2015, 05:16