We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kauai Vacation Home rental

Mount Vernon
Level Contributor
28 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Kauai Vacation Home rental

Planning our 25th wedding anniversary with a total of 12 adults to Kauai ( our 1st Hawaii trip - can't wait!!!!). Does anyone know anything about a Princeville vacation rental listed on Trip Advisor with 5 Br 4 baths, sleeps 12, titled 'Rainbows, Waterfalls, Sunset Views. Pool & Tennis'? Planing on going towards the end of Sept. in 2016. There is only 2 reviews, both great reviews...but wanted to see if anyone has stayed in this vacation rental or know of anyone who has? Have been looking for a while & this appears to be a pretty good deal for the size of the rental. One thing I'm a little concerned about is it doesn't appear to have A/C & my husband Really enjoys staying cool after being out in the heat during the day. Any thoughts or opinions are appreciated. Thank you!

Big Island, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Island of Hawaii
Level Contributor
27,716 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kauai Vacation Home rental

It would really help if you posted a link. You probably can find it on vrbo but if not whatever link you're looking at would be most useful.

Mount Vernon
Level Contributor
28 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kauai Vacation Home rental

Here's a link of it on VRBO:

http://www.vrbo.com/228369

Thanks! :)

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
24,898 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kauai Vacation Home rental

September can be the hottest month in Hawaii, and there are those that won't stay anywhere in Hawaii without AC. And your profile doesn't mention where you are from, so I don't know what kind of weather you deal with at home. We don't care for AC ever, even when we travel in September. But we know people who must have it, regardless of the time of year.

Sometimes ceiling fans, and the cross breeze from the ocean is enough to keep a place cool. Electricity is very expensive in Hawaii, and a lot of owners choose to do without AC, because of the cost.

The house does look wonderful, and it is a very good price for sure.

Mount Vernon
Level Contributor
28 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kauai Vacation Home rental

Thanks for the great information. We live in SW Missouri so in the summer it can be up in the 100 degree range with high humidity....so we enjoy the A/C, especially in that heat.

California
Level Contributor
37,277 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kauai Vacation Home rental

This house is located in Sunset Circle area of Princeville. The pool is dinky and the courts not in terrific shape and I would not rent this house because of those two things.

Agree that Sept on the North Shore can get very hot and sticky.

Mount Vernon
Level Contributor
28 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kauai Vacation Home rental

Thank you! Is there an area of the island that is best during Sept.? Or is each area about the same tempature/humidity?

La Mirada...
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
16,180 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kauai Vacation Home rental

September usually has the warmest temps, ocean water included, island-wide. It "can" get very sticky if the trades stop blowing...it never seems to last more than a couple of days. We've come in Aug, Sept & Oct. A/C is a hard call as to whether you "need" it. We don't, but we don't have it here at home in SoCal either. Many places won't have A/C since electricity is so horribly expensive. The key is air/flow and ceiling fans......

California
Level Contributor
37,277 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Kauai Vacation Home rental

The North Shore and Kauai in September is fabulous. Its just a warm time and if your hubby likes a/c, you might want to find a house with a/c.

T S
Iowa
Level Contributor
10,863 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Kauai Vacation Home rental

I've been to Hawaii in August, not in September. I have also lived in Missouri and Kansas. In August on Maui people would say to us, "Are you really going for a walk now? It's so hot and humid." It was nothing like Iowa! Or Missouri. They don't know what humidity is, lol! The ocean breezes make it lovely.

Now if the trade winds die it could be different. I haven't experienced that. But you may find, if you are ocean front, that the weather is beautiful compared to home even without AC. Or, you could be miserable! But I would try the North Shore without AC. And I hope to sometime soon. Good luck and happy travels!

Edited: 01 May 2014, 01:05
Mount Vernon
Level Contributor
28 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Kauai Vacation Home rental

Sounds like a bunch of great advise everyone, thanks! I hadn't considered an ocean front property having such a change in temp, from that of a non-ocean front place.

Anyone have any recommendations for a place to house 12 adults on the North side of Kauai?