We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

wedding site overlooking the ocean - lighthouse?

Atlanta
Level Contributor
155 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
wedding site overlooking the ocean - lighthouse?

Hi,

I am looking for suggestions on wedding site in Kauai. I know that plenty of couples got married on the beaches. But my fiance and I would prefer a sunny hilltop that overlooks the ocean. I am a lighthouse lover and thought that the Kilauea Point would be prefect. However, I couldn't find any reference on web of anyone getting married there.

Can any Kauai expert tell me if a lighthouse wedding is possible? If not, do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks

Katieling

Prescott Valley...
Level Contributor
270 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: wedding site overlooking the ocean - lighthouse?

I'm not sure about the Kilauea Lighthouse for weddings, but I know that the Kauai Lagoons/Kiele course in Lihue has two smaller lighthouses nearby (one is next to the 16th green!). They also have a pretty wedding chapel at the end of a pier over a lagoon and it has distant mountain and bay views. You might get lighthouse pictures after using their chapel or maybe even get to have the wedding next to a lighthouse there. Here's the web link "www.golfbc.com/courses/kiele" and their wedding info...

"An elegant chapel perched near the Kiele Course's beautiful 17th hole. Resting atop the waters of the Kauai Lagoons, the Chapel by the Sea boasts dramatic vistas of beautiful Kalapaki Bay and a panoramic view of the blue Pacific ocean. CONTACT: The Chapel by the Sea, 3351 Hoolaulea Way, Lihue, Kauai, HI 96766 Phone: 808-241-6021, or 800-724-1686."

It's a toll-free call to find out... Best wishes and Good luck with your special day, and ALOHA!

Prescott Valley...
Level Contributor
270 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: wedding site overlooking the ocean - lighthouse?

Opps, I forgot to mention that the golf course is under the flight path of the jet planes just taking off from the Lihue airport nearby. Something to consider. ALOHA!

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
2,452 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: wedding site overlooking the ocean - lighthouse?

katieling...if you are willing to send your email address I will send you photos of a wedding I attended on a cliff in Poipu. It was just beautiful. The bride and groom wanted assurances for less possibility of showers for their special day and opted for the south side rather than north side. Kilauea Lighthouse is located on the north side.

As brown mentioned, the Lagoons and shore there are lovely as well.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
6,440 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: wedding site overlooking the ocean - lighthouse?

My daughter got married on the lava rock formation where the small lighthouse is located that is near the green of the 16 th hole. It was a very different site to hold a wedding, that's for sure. It was a crack of dawn / sunrise event so airport traffic was not a problem, but there were a few planes that landed during the event, and one is in my photos. The lava rock formation has a raised area that we were told was considered an ancient naturally formed alter, but I have no idea if that is true. If you want a bit more information I have some photos I could send. cicopo@aol.com

Atlanta
Level Contributor
155 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: wedding site overlooking the ocean - lighthouse?

Thanks for the helps from everyone so far.

cicopo / brown93614 -could you please send the wedding pics to katielinglingling@yahoo.com? I appreciate very much!

Kauai / Los Angeles
Level Contributor
2,004 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: wedding site overlooking the ocean - lighthouse?

To this day Cicopo is still shaking his head about his daughter's choice of locations for her wedding!!

The truth is, he just didn't want to wake up that early!!!

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
2,452 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: wedding site overlooking the ocean - lighthouse?

Or, lose a daughter?

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
6,440 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: wedding site overlooking the ocean - lighthouse?

Glad to loose the daughter, but I am not a morning person. I hate beating anyone up in the morning.

Atlanta
Level Contributor
155 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: wedding site overlooking the ocean - lighthouse?

thanks bjbert and cicopo for the photos. Both wedding look very nice. We will definitely consider the location, although we are no sunrise persons!

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
2,452 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: wedding site overlooking the ocean - lighthouse?

katieling...the photos of the wedding were at 6 p.m.