We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gardens -which one to choose. 1st time in Kauai

Chico, CA
Level Contributor
722 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Gardens -which one to choose. 1st time in Kauai

Working in our itinerary for a trip in August and would like to see gardens. I understand there are several of them and wandering which one to choose? Or all of them equally beautiful/educational (For 40 yearls old mom who loves flowers and 11 years old daughter)

We will split stay between Poipu and North (hopefully Hanalei or Prinsville) and would like to see how "must do" many activities we will be doing on each side to decide on how many days to stay on each side if the island.

Chico, CA
Level Contributor
722 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Gardens -which one to choose. 1st time in Kauai

Thank ypu very much, all great ideas! I love gardens!:)

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
310 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Gardens -which one to choose. 1st time in Kauai

Thanks for your post. I like gardens too. I'm beginning to research which one I could entice DH to take a tour of. Since we're staying on the North Shore that leaves Allerton out - or should I say, saves it for another trip. :)

From another post a couple of months ago, I thought Na Aina Kai looked very interesting with its sculptures.

tucson, az
Level Contributor
3,999 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Gardens -which one to choose. 1st time in Kauai

Limahuli is extremely well-done and the self-guide booklet is very informative. Even my teenage no-interest-in-gardens brother thought it was interesting because of the surroundings and the historical information.

Chico, CA
Level Contributor
722 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Gardens -which one to choose. 1st time in Kauai

Thank you very much

Edited: 28 May 2014, 10:33
San Carlos...
Level Contributor
1,530 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Gardens -which one to choose. 1st time in Kauai

I'm a big garden fanatic and have been to the McBride, Allerton and Limahuli gardens. They all have their positive attributes, but my favorite was the Allerton guided tour.

Chico, CA
Level Contributor
722 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Gardens -which one to choose. 1st time in Kauai

Thank you!

Batesville
Level Contributor
507 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Gardens -which one to choose. 1st time in Kauai

Na Aina Kai is excellent, and the story of its creation and evolution is interesting. If Ms. Doty is still giving tours, find out when and try to reserve a spot in her group. Add at least 45 minutes to the length of the tour if you go with Ms. Doty.

Don't miss out on the Moir Cactus Garden in the Kiahuna Plantation condo complex and the adjacent orchid garden at Plantation Gardens Restaurant. They are both free.

Another shouldn't-miss is the serene Japanese Garden at the Kukuiolono Golf Course in Kalaheo. The setting is very cool for this free garden.

Chico, CA
Level Contributor
722 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Gardens -which one to choose. 1st time in Kauai

Great info, thanks a lot!

19. Re: Gardens -which one to choose. 1st time in Kauai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 May 2015, 05:15