We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boogie boarding help!

Central Valley...
Level Contributor
221 posts
88 reviews
Save Topic
Boogie boarding help!

We are in need of boogie boarding beach recommendations. Went to Kiahuna Beach/Sheraton beach between the two resorts today & our boys were disappointed. Hardly any beach, our 15 year old said waves broke too close to shore so the "ride" was short & our 11 year old son got drilled/tossed about right away & soured him for the day. Some say Brennecke's but others say its too rough for less experienced. Help! First full day here & my boys wish there was a beach like DT Fleming on Maui. Maybe there is? We are staying in Poipu but will drive anywhere for the best boogie boarding this time of year. Thank you!

California
Level Contributor
38,432 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Boogie boarding help!

Kealia Beach might be more what they are looking for, but Brenneckes is supposed to be the best on the South Shore and the waves should be pretty good this time of the year.

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,961 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Boogie boarding help!

Aloha from Kaua'i!

The acknowledged "best" boogie boarding spot on the island is Brennecke's Beach.

Ocean conditions change daily, so you need to check them to make sure it is safe for them to go in there....I would check with this website for information about ocean conditions (you can also always ask a lifeguard at adjacent Po'ipu Beach Park).....

http://www.kauaiexplorer.com/ocean_report/

Malama Pono,

Janet

California
Level Contributor
9,806 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Boogie boarding help!

Kalihiwai Beach on the North Shore is a popular boogie boarding beach.

Central Valley...
Level Contributor
221 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Boogie boarding help!

Thank you! We will hopefully get a chance to check out all three this coming week & thanks for the link to ocean surf conditions too!

5. Re: Boogie boarding help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 May 2015, 06:16