We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snorkel Rentals on the North Shore

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
77 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Snorkel Rentals on the North Shore

2 months until my husband and I leave for our delayed honeymoon/1 year anniversary trip!!!!! I'm so excited I can hardly stand it. I'm sure this will be the start of many questions over the next two months!

So we really want to get in a lot of snorkelling but are debating on whether or not to buy our own snorkel gear here or just to rent there? Even basic snorkel sets at home here are expensive, $80 min. and we're already spending a ton on this holiday. My question is, is there somewhere on the North Shore that will rent GOOD quality snorkel gear for a week - 10 days? There's nothing worse than using rentals that are super cheap as they can make for difficult snorkelling and not a great overall experience. If so, should we call ahead and reserve our sets?

Thanks!

California
Level Contributor
35,587 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Snorkel Rentals on the North Shore

There are many places on the North Shore or you can stop at Snorkel Bob's on your way north (they have a location in Kapaa) and rent it there. It will be cheaper.

Other locations are Peddle and Paddle in Hanalei and Hanalei Surf Shop.

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Tucson
Level Contributor
3,223 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Snorkel Rentals on the North Shore

Personally, I like having at least my own mask and snorkel. i don't care how well they sanitize the equipment, I just don't want to use a snorkel that has been in someone else's mouth. My wife and I have both purchased good quality masks at a reasonable price and Peddle and Paddle in Hanalei. You can rent fins there too.

3. Re: Snorkel Rentals on the North Shore

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 May 2015, 06:16