We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Spa

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Topic
Best Spa

Hi all!

My husband and I will be visiting the island in August (9 weeks away woo hoo!!!!) and we're thinking a nice spa day would be lovely. I know Anara Spa at the Hyatt has been a favorite among many, but how is the St. Regis spa? Any other spas highly recommended?

Thanks!

California
Level Contributor
35,265 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Spa

Personally, I have not done the St Regis spa but have been inside, but I sure know a lot of people who have used their services. Their comment is its lovely and pampering, but overpriced. Are you staying at the hotel? On the North Shore? Another highly recommended spa is Hanalei Day Spa and for something "different. Auntie Angelines.

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g60609-d21…

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Spa

After reading reviews on Auntie Angelines I'm certain that it wouldn't be our cup of tea. Ha! I appreciate the suggestion though. The Hanalei Day Spa looks pretty nice. We are staying at HBR the first 8 nights, so we will be close to the St. Regis, but aren't opposed to driving somewhere else for the day.

California
Level Contributor
35,265 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Spa

Yes Aunties is not for everyone.

The St Regis spa would certainly be convenient. If its in your budget, I say go for it.

Carlsbad, California
Level Contributor
1,208 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Spa

I've done both Anara and SR. I much, much prefer Anara. The massage in itself is comparable but the atmosphere is the difference. SR is completely indoors. Personally for me, it's too dark. I love the open and airiness of Anara Spa.

Chicago
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Spa

Never tried St.R but I've been to Anara twice. Since we usually have a late departure we schedule a treatment in the afternoon. First time I had a massage and then spend time after using the hot tub,pool,sauna,eucalyptus steamer and the rest of the facilities. I love the open (your seeing the Kauai sky at the same time your shampooing ) lava stone wall showers. Don't worry it's individually enclosed with a shower curtain and everything is available from hair products, lotion,slippers,and even a spinner to dry your wet bathing suit.Second time I had a facial so I took advantage of the facilities before the treatment. Love feeling refreshed and clean before the long flight back to reality.

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Spa

Thanks all! We are having a hard time deciding between the two. Maybe we will just have to do both ;)

California
Level Contributor
35,265 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Spa

Soshi makes a really good point. If you are a spa person and back home gets spa treatments and they are inside, having a spa day like the one at Anara might make it extra special. Isn't that what a vacation is all about?

TX
Level Contributor
193 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Spa

I've been to both and agree with scochi. The Anara outdoor lava shower (indiv. enclosed) is really nice. You get to sit outdoor by the jacuzzi and next to the steam room. Massage are comparable. St. Regis is nice in the waiting room. It is dark with indiv. light by the indiv. waiting couch., with water, snacks, etc. But everything is indoor.

Edited: 18 June 2014, 17:32
TX
Level Contributor
193 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best Spa

I've been to Auntie Angeline's and like the four hand massage. But I wasn't too thrill about the nudity there. The outdoor shower isn't comparable to the Anara's lava shower. Auntie's isn't about luxury, but the massage itself. Hanalei Day Spa cannot compare to the luxurious feel of SR or Anara. They also don't have steam, jacuzzi, etc. , just the massage itself. I've done the outdoor hut massage twice and thought they were nice. Again, it isn't exactly luxury. The first time the massage wasn't great because I could hear the clanging of pots and pans from the kitchen. They have since moved the hut a little further. You'll have to wear your robe and passed by the restaurant's window to get to the massage hut.

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Best Spa

Sounds like Anara will be our pick. I do love a good high end indoor spa but we have plenty of those back home. The "outdoor" feel sounds very tropical and nice and different! And I definitely want to try that lava shower :)