We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best places to purchase groceries, inexpensive souvenirs

sandy, utah
Level Contributor
1,203 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Best places to purchase groceries, inexpensive souvenirs

We'll be in Kauai for 4 l/2 days in August, staying at the Plantation Hale in Kapaa. Normally I shop at Costco and comparison shop at my local grocery stores to get the best prices on groceries. With our limited time, where should we do our grocery shopping for the best cost savings? Should we check out Cost-U-Less or would their quantities be as large as Costco's? I'd be willing to sign up for a club card at a place like Safeway if it doesn't take too long. Will they ask for our home address or do we put down where we're staying? Where's the cheapest place(s) to buy last-minute souvenirs like t-shirts and mac-nuts? Costco or Walmart or elsewhere? What other souvenir recs do you have? I'd mainly be bringing things back to our married kids and co-workers or yummy treats for ourselves that we don't have in Utah. Thanks for your advice.

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,901 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Best places to purchase groceries, inexpensive souvenirs

Aloha from Kaua'i!

When you are here, just check "Craigs List Kaua'i" for garage sales - they will not only list garage sales, but any fundraisers such as church fairs/bazaars, etc. that might be going on.

It is a much better source for this type of thing than our Garden Island Newspaper, which has really gone downhill in a big way. Most people use Craigs List these days far more.

Malama Pono,

Janet

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
1,785 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Best places to purchase groceries, inexpensive souvenirs

Good idea Janet.

Cindy

13. Re: Best places to purchase groceries, inexpensive souvenirs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 June 2015, 06:16