We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kaua'i Pictures online!

Arlington, VA
Level Contributor
1,424 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
Kaua'i Pictures online!

I finally got through my Kaua'i pictures & posted them on Flickr: https:/…

Please enjoy! Now to work on my O'ahu & Maui pics.

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
24,092 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Kaua'i Pictures online!

Thanks PK! I am so glad I found these on the Kaua'i forum! I must remember to check the Oahu forum for your next set of pictures.

Those filters do add some unique features to the pictures. The old postcard type would make for some fun Christmas cards.

Arlington, VA
Level Contributor
1,424 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Kaua'i Pictures online!

Yes, Napa taking one Na Pali trip from the South & one from the North worked well for us & was a good choice. My biggest problem with the Captain Andy tour was that I had booked for the Southern Star (which I had done before and loved) & we were on a newer ship, the Northern Star. The experience just didn't live up to the Southern Star experience. But it was a fun trip and the food was good. We hit some squalls, but got to see a beautiful rainbow. The North Shore Charter was fun but completely different. Being able to go in & out of the sea caves was amazing. And it was neat seeing the north shore from a boat. Two entirely different & great experiences that we probably wouldn't have done without your great advice.

Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
16,708 posts
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: Kaua'i Pictures online!

How was the Northern Star different from the Southern Star? I'm curious because they seem to bill them as very much the same.

Arlington, VA
Level Contributor
1,424 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Kaua'i Pictures online!

Napa - the layout is different - there is no seating in the rear of the Northern - it's a service station. Seating elsewhere seems more cramped - I don't recall anyone having a problem finding a seat to eat on the Southern, there were problems on the Northern. There is a bench that has been added in front of the cabin, which is nice. On the Southern Star, there is seating by the helm, so you can sit behind the captain while he operates the boat. Overall, the Northern Star doesn't feel as luxe as the Southern - I can't put my finger on why. If I hadn't been on the Southern Star, the Northern probably would come across just fine.

Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
16,708 posts
1 review
Save Reply
15. Re: Kaua'i Pictures online!

Thanks, Kitties.

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
20,007 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Kaua'i Pictures online!

PK,

I thought you might have taken that photo from your room, as it's at an angle I haven't seen before.

We enjoy the Beach House Restaurant and love watching everyone coming out on the lawn at some time during the evening to take a sunset photo. What a backdrop! I've volunteered many times to take photos of Honeymooners or a lone couple taking a photo of each other and asking if they want to be in one together.

There is so much Aloha on that lawn and you caught it well.

Arlington, VA
Level Contributor
1,424 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Kaua'i Pictures online!

Malaho CA native! That was one of those pictures I was debating including because I wasn't sure others would get the point. I'm glad you did & enjoy it! :)

Princeville, Hawaii
Level Contributor
7,032 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Kaua'i Pictures online!

Wonderful photos. Thanks for sharing.

Riverside...
Level Contributor
102 posts
1 review
Save Reply
19. Re: Kaua'i Pictures online!

Thank you for sharing. photos are amazing!!!!

Arlington, VA
Level Contributor
1,424 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Kaua'i Pictures online!

Mahalo Bob & 1955!