We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boat tours and activities FREE for 3yo toddlers?

Seattle, Washington
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Boat tours and activities FREE for 3yo toddlers?

We are heading to Kauai (mostly staying on the north part of the island) and we were wondering if there are any boat tours and activities that we can do with our 3 year old twins without having to pay outrageous prices for them. We'd love to do things as a family but having to pay $100 for each of our twins plus $150 for both of us adults is just cost prohibitive for us. If anyone knows of any boat tours and activities that don't charge or charges a minimal fee for children 3 and under, please let me know. Thank you!

pzp
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
Level Contributor
23,703 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Boat tours and activities FREE for 3yo toddlers?

Head to Lydgate Park. There's a protected swimming area for keiki and a great play structure. All free.

Seattle, Washington
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Boat tours and activities FREE for 3yo toddlers?

Thank you! We are definitely planning to go to that beach and many others but I'm also curious to know about boat tours or any other tours that would be free or less expensive for kids 3 and under.

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,506 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Boat tours and activities FREE for 3yo toddlers?

No, and not sure if most of the tour boats take chilren that young. The Napali cruise is not a Disney ride, you are on a dynamic ocean for five hours , give or take depending on the departure point.

We have been on 13 Napali Trips and maybe 4 Poipu whale watch or sunset cruises and not seen any children that young,, and everyone paid their own fare.

You can personally lookd up the several different Napali Coast Boat Tours in the guidebook, or on the computer, and contact them by phone......and ask if they give free rides.

Edited: 28 June 2014, 15:27
California
Level Contributor
9,563 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Boat tours and activities FREE for 3yo toddlers?

http://www.smithskauai.com/fern_grotto.html This might be something your toddlers would like.

California
Level Contributor
9,563 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Boat tours and activities FREE for 3yo toddlers?

Renting bikes and riding the Kapa'a bike path along the ocean is another fun activity. kauaiexclusive.com/blog/Kauai-Bike-Path.php

California
Level Contributor
36,651 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Boat tours and activities FREE for 3yo toddlers?

All boat tours will charge for children. Some have a minimum age requirement too so if you do decide to take one, check online.

It might be less expensive to hire a babysitter and mom and dad go, but there are many fun and inexpensive to free things to do and see on Kauai.

Seattle, Washington
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Boat tours and activities FREE for 3yo toddlers?

Thank you all so much - these are wonderful ideas. We'll definitely look into the Fern Grotto cruise - I think our boys would love that. We are also looking into the bike trail - would be really fun to bike to Lydgate and back (I think the trail goes to Lydgate). We want to spend as much time as possible as a family so hiring a sitter to stay with our boys is a fabulous idea but less desirable to us. Thanks again for the wonderful ideas. If you have any other ideas, please share.

California
Level Contributor
36,651 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Boat tours and activities FREE for 3yo toddlers?

I did find an activity that would be free for kids 3 and under. Its Wings Over Kauai. Its a small airplane that tours the island. I've done it and its very fun.

http://www.wingsoverkauai.com

This way you can see the coastline you so want to view from the boat.

British Columbia...
Level Contributor
547 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Boat tours and activities FREE for 3yo toddlers?

http://kauaiminigolf.com/rates-hours/

Seattle, Washington
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Boat tours and activities FREE for 3yo toddlers?

I totally forgot about Wings Over Kauai. We did a flight through them several years ago and they were absolutely amazing!!! Lovely to work with, very professional and accommodating and a spectacular tour. Thanks for reminding me of them.