We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pu'u Poa Question

BMSPORT
Level Contributor
95 posts
Save Topic
Pu'u Poa Question

Hi,

I am looking to stay at the Pu'u Poa in early September, and based on all of the helpful reviews on this forum, I think that I would like a unit without an atrium and with air conditioning. Does anybody know which units, other than 412 (which is booked for when we want to go), meet these requirements?

California
Level Contributor
36,095 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pu'u Poa Question

I like the remodel on this one and it doesn't have an atrium.

summitpacificinc.com/pics-puu-poa-308.html

306 does have an atrium so avoid that one.

Schosi stays in a nice unit. I hope she chimes in with the unit number.

California
Level Contributor
36,095 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pu'u Poa Question

I looked up an older thread and Soschi stays in Puu Poa 203.

http://www.vrbo.com/37831

Hawaii
Level Contributor
516 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pu'u Poa Question

Unit 401 also has AC. Not sure if there are others. I personally wouldn't avoid units with an atrium. The trade winds are pretty consistent in the summer, so as long as you can get air flow.

California
Level Contributor
36,095 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pu'u Poa Question

Yes I forgot about 401. It has a unit in the living room but I don't know about the bedrooms. You could ask. It is close to the parking lot next door and the small pool.

I do not agree with James about the airflow and atrium especially the first part of September. It can get extremely hot that time of the year. Reading reviews on each unit should help make up your mind. Also google the unit number in the search box above. There are threads on some of these units.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
607 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pu'u Poa Question

Dear BMSPORT --

I have sent you two brief private messages about Puu Poa units with some form of air conditioning. Please refer to them. Also included my phone number if you wish to discuss Puu Poa in more detail. Good luck planning your Kauai vacation ! I would agree with jebett that particularly the summer time is NOT a wise period to rely on the often fickle trade winds to keep you comfortable, and they of course do nothing to alleviate the discomfort brought on by high humidity....

Carlsbad, California
Level Contributor
1,224 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pu'u Poa Question

I have yet had the pleasure of staying in 412 because it's always booked but I have stayed in 203 and will again in Jan. I love that unit. Everything about it is wonderful. I know there are condos with better views but unit 203's view is also amazing and everything inside is upscale, luxurious and comfortable. Hopefully we'll get lucky and be able to nab 412 someday.

California
Level Contributor
36,095 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pu'u Poa Question

September heat is very different than January's. I never put my a/c on in January, but in Sept its on all the time.

8. Re: Pu'u Poa Question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 July 2015, 06:16