We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Photos from June 2014 trip

Sequim, Washington
Level Contributor
391 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Photos from June 2014 trip

I LOVE this forum and every trip is so much better because of the great people on here sharing their knowledge of Kauai. I got back from a family trip a few weeks ago and it was wonderful! I will do a short trip report soon, but I'll post the slideshow I just finished. I again used Amy Hanaialii's version of "Have You Ever Seen the Rain" because it perfectly fit the mood of this trip with the early morning rain/rainbows/waterfalls/sunny days. My only regret this trip was that I didn't have a chance to see anyone from Tripadvisor on island. We stayed at Hululani House in Princeville and Loved it and I was hoping to invite a few people by to visit, but with our big group we never knew what we would be doing until the last minute and we kept pretty active. Kauai was never more beautiful to all of us living in the dry state of California!

https:/…MarileeS6_2014Kauai02

Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Catalina Island
Level Contributor
14,429 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Photos from June 2014 trip

Did I see your family members from So Cal in the video? Sorry we missed you this time; we did not make our annual trip to Kauai this June. What a fabulous house!!

Edited: 05 July 2014, 21:28
Sequim, Washington
Level Contributor
391 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Photos from June 2014 trip

Yes, Sean and Sarah were in the video - Sean just graduated from High School - he's 6'7" and Sarah is the lovely red-headed girl. We brought Sean and Sarah to hang out with their cousins (and left their parents with a 10-day solo time for themselves!)

Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Catalina Island
Level Contributor
14,429 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Photos from June 2014 trip

I thought I recognized them!

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
1,783 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Photos from June 2014 trip

How did you capture those colors??? Such a joy to watch the video with the music//I got chicken skin! Just wonderful. Beautiful family and just an amazing job at putting that together. Im gonna watch it again!! Thanks so much for sharing.

Cindy

La Mirada...
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
15,503 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Photos from June 2014 trip

I love your photos! And I see you went to a Bon Dance!

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
742 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Photos from June 2014 trip

Wow, beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

Sequim, Washington
Level Contributor
391 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Photos from June 2014 trip

3Chi's.

Yes, the Bon Dance was so much fun! I think I'll be going to the one here in Alameda this month.

My nieces are in that picture - they were sitting behind me while I was watching, and I did a double-take when they went by - they had joined in the dance and they loved it!

La Mirada...
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
15,503 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Photos from June 2014 trip

TA has the BEST people. We had a TA get-together a couple of years ago....malawacky remembered that my hubby is a mango freak just from posts on TA.....she brought Mango-Avocado Salsa to share and a full container for my hubby to take home....Skip still talks about that Salsa.....TA has the BEST people!

Ukiah, California
Level Contributor
17 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Photos from June 2014 trip

Beautiful!

Princeville, Hawaii
Level Contributor
7,013 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Photos from June 2014 trip

Beautiful pictures of rainbows. They always amaze. Thanks for sharing.