We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Na Pali Coast

Ukiah, California
Level Contributor
35 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Na Pali Coast

Trying to decide between a sunset dinner cruise with Captain Andy's on the Southern Star or snorkel cruise with the possibility of going into the sea caves. Thoughts?

Mahalo

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
37,573 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Na Pali Coast

Well, don't let the focus be snorkeling - it is better from shore anyhow. When will you be here? I did love the Napali coast tour on Holoholo and it was cool to go into the caves. :)

Ukiah, California
Level Contributor
35 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Na Pali Coast

Thank you for the quick reply. We will there mid October.

Edited: 11 July 2014, 06:11
3. Re: Na Pali Coast

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 11 July 2014, 06:24
Edited: 11 July 2014, 06:24
Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,506 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Na Pali Coast

largely depends on the individual......we have now been on 13 Napali Trips, including Southern Star and several ridged hulled inflatables. Many different boats and companies, but the sea cave inflatables were the most fun.

Holo Holo ( north shore ) has ridged hulled inflatable sea cave rafts that are exciting and loads of fun, and into the sea caves, even thru some small waterfalls, plus going into nualolo kai to snorkel, and possibly tour the ancient hawaiian village that is being excavated, and have lunch ashore and go snorkeling. This is not just a cruise along the coast, it is that, but it is also a fun packed sea going adventure. ( This was our experience on several different sea cave inflatables with different companies.

Southern Star is the queen of the fleet and their dinner cruise is top notch.....wonderful cruise out of the west side no mooring or anchoring, along the Napali, spinner dolphins, and great afternnon sunlit photo shots of the Napali Coast. We were just at sea, and ate dinner that was steaks cooked on board in their galley, not delivered by caterers....wine was served in glasses, and the seating was plush and comfortable at actual tables. Class act.

Either would be a great choice, but really depends on the desires of the OP, and what suits them and their family. There is no wrong choice.( our sea cave boats were not with holo holo, my holo holo experience was out of the west side on their sailing catamaran.)

Suggest the OP searches the websites on both of these different napali trips, and then make their decision that is best for them.

Edited: 11 July 2014, 06:42
Fontana, California
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Na Pali Coast

I decided to do both.. Expedition one day.. doing dinner cruise in poipu though! But I wanted sunset, hubs wanted adventure lol Leave next sunday the 20th!

Ukiah, California
Level Contributor
35 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Na Pali Coast

Lettee1973, I was thinking of doing the same. Please let us know how you liked both.

Denny, I always enjoy your responses. I have searched and read so much that I think I have information overload! :)

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
135 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Na Pali Coast

We just went on the Napali Experience yesterday. It was amazing. We went deep into about 5 or 6 caves, whereas some of the other boats just stuck their nose in. There were only 7 people., dolphins galore...it was one if the most incredible days

Ukiah, California
Level Contributor
35 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Na Pali Coast

Thank you Deebs2. I can't wait to get to Kauai. We will take a look at them.

Edited: 17 July 2014, 18:20
9. Re: Na Pali Coast

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 July 2015, 05:15